Three Cube Shootout!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is kinda what I am afraid of.... but I somehow see one of my saws ending up on someones bench fairly soon..after all the twitch has gotten so bad the kids think I am having a seizure...:msp_ohmy:

3-something cubes

[video=youtube_share;zFGva6ZS4fU]http://youtu.be/zFGva6ZS4fU[/video]

:msp_tongue:

MS261 with a 25" Chain's setup for a 70cc saw though......I just wondered if it would. :laugh:

I ran a full skip 32" on a 361 for chits one time in softwoods just to see. Oiler suked

Likely far from the same "thing"!

Hardly it would probably spank that one you seen here. :hmm3grin2orange: But we will never know. :msp_razz:

Yes, return to topic! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Can someone find Bookerdogs vid. of the TSI (?) ported 346, with a 24" bar?
Well I found a video, and the bar actually was a 28" in this one, looks like it was the wood that was 24":

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7y6c4z9wdKU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7y6c4z9wdKU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Here it is

Last edited:
i think that 260 mastermind did had the most tourque of them all for a worksaw to me ,they 028 was right there if not more ...........ill keep my 026 pro over the huskys and bigger strato 261 ,the chain speed on the huskys looked faster for cookies ,but in the fir around here the tourque is what pulls the chips ,the powerband sounded strong all the way through the cut without starving for fuel on the stihls ,the huskys sounded a little lean to me ,by the 3rd cut they were slowing down it seemed like, id like to see the 346 with the same big log ,i like the huskys dont get me wrong ,just seemed like the stihls sounded better in the lugging cuts

i think that 260 mastermind did had the most tourque of them all for a worksaw to me ,they 028 was right there if not more ...........ill keep my 026 pro over the huskys and bigger strato 261 ,the chain speed on the huskys looked faster for cookies ,but in the fir around here the tourque is what pulls the chips ,the powerband sounded strong all the way through the cut without starving for fuel on the stihls ,the huskys sounded a little lean to me ,by the 3rd cut they were slowing down it seemed like, id like to see the 346 with the same big log ,i like the huskys dont get me wrong ,just seemed like the stihls sounded better in the lugging cuts

:msp_rolleyes:

The 261 & 346 aren't just about chain speed. They also have the power to pull a 20" B&C buried in hardwood. I've never seen a 026/260 worksaw that could match the power of either of the others.

[video=youtube_share;HxMPgN_2Mvs]http://youtu.be/HxMPgN_2Mvs[/video]

it could be the type of wood we are cutting ,my 026 goes through fir,maple and alder pretty quick with 20 inch es bar and full comp chain ,only thing done to it is tripple port muffler and changed carb to hi-lo type one ,i need to find a chunk of dry oak or something harder maybe like you guys are cutting on ,that 261 sure does sound good in the last video ,pulls hard without hesitaion

Nice job Randy, thanks for posting your results. I ran a 261 at last years gtg and it was plenty good on power, but it just didn't feel right. I'll stick with my 346's.

it could be the type of wood we are cutting ,my 026 goes through fir,maple and alder pretty quick with 20 inch es bar and full comp chain ,only thing done to it is tripple port muffler and changed carb to hi-lo type one ,i need to find a chunk of dry oak or something harder maybe like you guys are cutting on ,that 261 sure does sound good in the last video ,pulls hard without hesitaion

A MM 026 isn't up to a stock 346NE. MM and delete the base gasket on a 346, and the 026 needs porting to stay up.

Latest posts

Back