Three saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't need any more saws, but I'd like to add a 261 and an 066 to my list. 261, 036 Pro, 2171, 7900, 066! I know that's five saws, but I can't help myself! I have a 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 plan!
i need more wood before more saws haha

Ok, I'll play along too. I currently have a Husky 371xp with 24" bar and a 394xp with 36" bar for milling. Would like to add a smaller 40-50cc saw eventually for limbing and taking in the back of the truck when I go into the bush.

yep I'm on the 10 cc plan to. 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90. As light as the 550 is I don't think I'll rver need a 40ccer and the ported 394 is as big as I'll ever need. In theory anyways.:rolleyes:

Husky 445 for limbing and camping
Husky 365xt for mother-in-law's big firewood and later conversion
DeWalt "Mr Sawdust" 1956 GWI RAS to double as every other saw (...grinder, shaper and engine hoist...$50)

As long as you have a 346 in there and a saw big enough for your biggest work to be done fast, your golden. If you are short a 346, he other two saws don't matter because you aren't having as much fun as the rest of us.

Whole lot of CC's in these 3-saw plans. Definitely weighted towards to Pro's. Any consideration to trimming, pruning or in-tree use? For those who wrangle storm damage, where would you put the "pole saw" on your list of "must have" tools and does that turn things into a 4-saw strategy?? Personally speaking, the further I am away from leaners, hangers and widow-makers the better. I'd nibble all day long from 17' away if it kept me safe. I'd gang 2-extensions together if I could.

Latest posts

Back