Throttle blipping habit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best thing about saws, if you like to tune things,,,, saws always need tuning! :cheers:
Sounds like I might ought to try tweaking it just a bit. I like fiddling with stuff though, so it's all good. :)

Edit: oh and Blippy's Tree Service - sure, he blipped alot, but it looks like he put the tree where he wanted it. I guess I'm not bothered by blipping - they're not wearing out my throttle shaft. *shrug*

Last edited:
Blip On, Blip out!

As long as it's good sounding, running saw, no problem. Sure is a heck of alot better than listening to some old POS grinding away pathetically at WOT with an obviously dull chain.

I love it, every timberfaller who limbs quick does it - it is a sign of speed - keeps the chain speed up for the next limb.
The slow guys will only hit the throttle at a limb - I among many other production cutters pop it.
Besides, when your saws sounds awesome - the responsive rap off the throttle is ear candy.
Nothing better the a hill side full of 8 cutters popin' the throttle - from a distance it sounds like a swarm of bees.

I had a guy who worked for me once who,everytime he made a cut,he would stop moving completely and stand there and blip the throttle several times in a row.....brap,brap,brap,brap....Then he would start his next cut.Not only was that unproductive,it was annoying as hell...The only way I could break him of this was to take his saw and make him drag brush for a couple of weeks..Not only would he do that,but when he would first crank the saw he would just hold the throttle wide open until the saw warmed up...He only did that once or twice before I threatened his job....But listening to an experienced faller/limber make that saw sing down the tree is music to my ears...The only thing better is being at a hare scramble or gncc and listen to a couple of fast riders making their way through the woods on two strokes..It's also quite an awesome sound when a whole starting line of 30 something riders fire their engines and take off into battle

A two-stroke roadrace bike being warmed up with throttle blips is pure music...and hearing a whole field of 500cc four cylinder two-strokes take off is a rock concert!!!:rockn:

Hooyahhhh

This is prolly one of my favorite throttles to blip... Nothing like a LT1 350 small block with free flowing headers and glass packs spinning a prop four feet behind your head. Can I get a YEEHAWW!! If a pack 500cc 4cyl. two-bangers is a rock concert, this is pure bedlum.:rocker:

Last edited:
I guess the only bliping that get to me is them dad burn honda and small cars that road race. Really what ticks me is they will smoke a mussel car and sound like a pissed off bumble bee. :laugh:

The Big Blipper

The blipping is a good thing, it shows you the low end of the carb is set up just right. The blipping simply signifies you cut that tree up faster than your buddy.
It's when you don't have a choice to blip and the saw sounds more like a bull moose as it picks slowly up in rpm.
John

Last edited:
I love it, every timberfaller who limbs quick does it - it is a sign of speed - keeps the chain speed up for the next limb.
The slow guys will only hit the throttle at a limb - I among many other production cutters pop it.
Besides, when your saws sounds awesome - the responsive rap off the throttle is ear candy.
Nothing better the a hill side full of 8 cutters popin' the throttle - from a distance it sounds like a swarm of bees.

Bingo......and that is why a throttle is blipped.......:clap:

Latest posts

Back