throttle bog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onyx

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If I hit the gas real snappy she will bog out ..
If I ease into it it'll light up real nice ..

Just doesn't like the initial quick snap of the throttle . ???

I bought the saw not working,
Replace the pull cord and spring , new gas , cleaned carb , new air filter , new fuel lines and fuel filter ( filter was slightly smaller )

Craftsman 3.7 PS

Any ideas ?

Check the piston and cylinder first. If they pass, turn the lo screw ccw a bit at a time. But make carful note of the scre position be fore turning! If that improves throttle response good. If not go the other way just a bit.

Okay .. I'll try the adjustments again .

Mayne the little brass L screw is off

Starving for fuel w/ quick throttle = Low set too lean. Or one the "transition holes" (what I call it) is clogged. There are three small holes in the side of the Venturi. With the throttle closed, one is exposed. When throttle plate starts to open, the other two are exposed & deliver fuel. If one of them is clogged, can make for no fuel while waiting for WOT from the main big ole jet.

Also make sure the engine is warmed up. An engine acts differently as far as vaporizing fuel when it's warm vs when cold. (Read: you can't piss rev in the garage and get an optimal tune. Guilty as charged. ;) )

Latest posts

Back