Throw Wieght For A Slilng Shot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suprherosndwch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need to get a line over a branch that is 90 feet up. How heavy of a wieght would you guys recomend, and does the bullet shaped ones seem to work better in the sling shot. I'm guessing the lighter the wieght, the higher you can get it? Thanks, S

sling shot,try recurve bow

Hey guys I use my recurve bow, fiberglass arrow, with a muzzy line canister used for bow fishing i weight the arrow works every time.Then you reel the line in and is ready to go.

Ah! a bow, that would have worked perfectly but I have already ordered a sling shot. Not sure I can convince my wife I need both.

bow

it works great easier faster aim is perfect if you know how to use a bow.i was doing storm damage hit hard alot of tree companies in the area seen me use it they thought it was great couldn't believe it.they thought i was shooting a raccoon or something in the tree.it was pretty funny

I use 10 oz. with 1/75mm zing it almost all the time. I don't think I could hit 90 ft. with 10 oz.; maybe 8 oz.
Phil

I've reached well over 100 feet with a 12 ounce pouch.....don't like anything less, at least for rough barked trees.

A newbie dumb question....what line do you use to tether the weight? It seems like a brilliant idea, but just wondering the approved line to use. Thanks in advance, Tim

Big Shot

My Big Shot line launcher arrived last week . I only had a 16 oz throw weight to launch and found it limited height substantially . My son and I got some golf balls for the fun of it . You wouldn't believe the height we got with those suckers . 4 to 5 seconds from peak height to fall back to ground . Looked to us like 250 - 300 ft . Anyone have the formula to calculate the distance for a 5 second fall ? If you've got on of these giant slingshots try the golf balls , it's wild to watch them climb, climb , climb .....

Falling objects

Distance of a falling object from rest is expressed as

d = 0.5 x g x t squared

d = distance

g = force of gravity on earth ( 9.8 metres per second per second )

t = time elapsed

d = 0.5 x 9.8m x 5 squared

122.5 m = d

122.5 metres divided by .3048 = 402 feet

That golf ball loked really small when 402 feet up !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back