Tillotson carb problems on 2100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Sometime ago, I bought a 2100 with a claim of "Awsome running saw". I am just getting around to really getting it up and running.
I have replaced needed parts and done a through clean up. When I first started it up, it ran OK, but would not rev up without dyeing. I tried some carb tweeking, but no matter what small adjustments I made, the saw didn't seem to respond.
I took the top plate off and the diaphram looked really new, so I assume the carb had a kit put in recently. Put the top back on and tried re-setting both screws all the way in and then backed out 1 1/2 turns and now it will only run when choaked.

Any thoughs?

Rob

Rob

Are you sure that you`ve got the gasket and diaphragm in the right arrangement and that the metering lever, needle, and spring are all just so? The gasket and diaphragm may have been reversed by the guy before you.

Russ

It's in the back of the truck and I am dropping it off after work.
I was just hoping there was something easy.
I replaced the hose and filter and looked for leaks.
On my 009 which had a similar problem, the carb mouting bolts were just slightly loose, but not the case here.

Thanks,

Rob

Latest posts

Back