!@#$%^& Timber Bear automatic oiler!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon1270

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have this old Timber Bear that I'd like to rid myself of. I thought it would be an easy project, but it hasn't turned out that way. The saw runs very nicely and the manual oiler works as I'd expect, but I can't get the impulse-driven automatic oiler to work at all. I pulled the oil tank off and replaced the original rubber intake hose, which was loose on its nipple, because I guessed it was sucking air. I ordered a new diaphragm for the oiler, and the supplier sent me the entire pump. Even with the new pump and hose, it just doesn't move a drop of oil unless I pump it manually. I pulled the oiler off again and confirmed the impulse signal. I also removed the bottom plate from the oiler itself and found that pumping its piston with a fingertip pushes oil through the pump nicely. I am out of ideas. Help!

I am interested in this fix as well. I have not gone to the lengths that you have but do not get any oil on automatic and barely any on manual. Thats the only thing keeping me from being able to sell my timber bear that is in otherwise great shape. Used very little.

Latest posts

Back