Crank case leak into automatic oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jed2112

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello first time posting long time reader of the many threads this site has to offer, I am working on a pioneer 1200a it had 2 nasty air leaks 1 which I have resolved the other has stumped me as to how to fix it. I pressure tested the crank case and found air was passing through the roller bearing into the oiler worm drive and then out oiler hole. This saw has a combo manual and automatic oiler feature. I pressure tested back from the outlet of the auto/oiler and found leaking from the oiler into the crank case. Anyone have any ideas how I could fix this? New bearing? Maybe another oiler assembly? Locktite on the bearing? Plug the auto oiler with glue? Lol any advice would be much appreciated thank you.

Not much to be done as I recall. The oiler shaft runs directly in the crankcase casting. No orings on it. It's behind the PTO seal. Maybe a new shaft would tighten it up. Does it have running issues or are you just noticing this on a vac/pressure test? If there are no idle issues or excessive some you would probably do best to leave well enough alone. At least on these saws as compared to 3200s, you can remove the shaft without a bunch of extra work.

Not much to be done as I recall. The oiler shaft runs directly in the crankcase casting. No orings on it. It's behind the PTO seal. Maybe a new shaft would tighten it up. Does it have running issues or are you just noticing this on a vac/pressure test? If there are no idle issues or excessive some you would probably do best to leave well enough alone. At least on these saws as compared to 3200s, you can remove the shaft without a bunch of extra work.

The leak is substantial. Aside from a 10 second burst after much pulling it won’t run. At roughly 10 psi the saw will lose pressure down to zero in 20 seconds. I will look into possibly eliminating the auto oiler leaving the manual as primary thanks for your response!

Latest posts

Back