Timber Thieves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a problem in VA. My mom's family has a place in Allegheny Co. that I've found cherry, oak, and walnut stumps that noone in the family cut for camn sure. I pretty much know who is responsible; he works at the local mill. I'd say his name here, but I'd get sued. He knows I know, and I travel the place with my .44 mag. holstered and loaded all the time. With a cell phone. Mad as I get, it isn't worth killing anyone over. A little felony jail sentence would be vengeance enough. I just wish there were a way to get the trees back. My uncle is a PhD forester, but isn't involved with the property anymore. I'm totally into sustainable select logging of a few trees here and there to pay for upkeep of the property, but it seems like this bastard is picking all the valuable trees before I get there, not to mention the dead, firewood trees. ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M(&%ERFU(*&CG THIEVES I TELL YOU. The way I was brought up, you don't steal.

Its a problem in VA. My mom's family has a place in Allegheny Co. that I've found cherry, oak, and walnut stumps that noone in the family cut for camn sure. I pretty much know who is responsible; he works at the local mill. I'd say his name here, but I'd get sued. He knows I know, and I travel the place with my .44 mag. holstered and loaded all the time. With a cell phone. Mad as I get, it isn't worth killing anyone over. A little felony jail sentence would be vengeance enough. I just wish there were a way to get the trees back. My uncle is a PhD forester, but isn't involved with the property anymore. I'm totally into sustainable select logging of a few trees here and there to pay for upkeep of the property, but it seems like this bastard is picking all the valuable trees before I get there, not to mention the dead, firewood trees. ARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! M(&%ERFU(*&CG THIEVES I TELL YOU. The way I was brought up, you don't steal.

That is a hard pill to swallow. The woods behind my house is owned by a local farmer but I have spent my whole life back there. One day I went back into the woods to see the largest tree gone!! It was a 4 or 5 foot white oak. It was so beautiful, just perfect. I was really mad because it was obvious the land owner next to this property did it. I told the farmer and he didn't even know. He couldn't pin it on the landowner next door, so the guy got away scotch free. I hope the governments get their act together and puts steep penalties on these criminals. We need to respect each other and nature.:chainsawguy:

Back