timber wolf splitters????????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get you're checkbook out and have DDDDEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP pockets!!!! Nice splitters and processors, but expensive.
Andy

Tw-3

Have had a TW-3 for three years. I use the 4-way wedge on it. It has split everything that I have put in front of it. Like woodho said "you get what you pay for!" It is an excellent splitter.

TW splitters

I bought the Iron & Oak splitter. It is comparable to the TW 5 and was $2000 less than the TW 5

RAYCO splitter

Check out rayco's splitter if you are gonna shell out that kind of money. TW splitters are nice but a bit overpriced IMO! The name costs I guess but damn they are nice!

BVO,
Iron & Oak splitter comparable in what way? Have you run the TW-5?
Slipknot how are they overpriced? I suppose if I were going to split 5 to 10 cords a year I would just go down to home depot and buy their special of the month. On the other hand, if you are talking commercial application I'd stick to Timberwolf. I'm not trying to start a war but sometimes I find people here are talking "out of school" not having any experience with a particular machine. I can do a cord of wood 12-16" in 1hr ( my best time is 42min).
If you're sellin' firewood and trying to make money, its worth the price.BTW,
I've never had a breakdown. This splitter starts even in 10deg weather.
Woodho

Timberwolf 5 vs Iron & Oak 4003

Here are the specs from the websites

TW5 ----------------------- Iron Oak 4003
hp 11hp honda ---------------- 13 hp robin

Splitting
Force-----25 ton-----------------------22 ton

cycle
time------10 second-------------------8 second

----------Optional Log lifter------------Std log lifter

Hyd
capacity--15 gallon--------------------16 gallon

log length
max------26"--------------------------25"

Both have auto cycle on the hydraulics.
Both have 4 way wedge with hydraulic ram to raise and lower.

My best price for a TW5 with log lift was $6900 plus tax. Had to drive about 150 miles to pickup

Price for Iron & Oak model was $4995 no tax drove 75 miles

The discussion of speed vs splitting force has been discussed many times here. 22 tons will split any wood I need to split. If I cant split it with 22 tons I'll toss it in the burn pile as it wont split straight anyway. I would rather have the faster cycle time. I don't know about the TW5 but the Iron Oak model is either a single stage pump or it has an extremely high shift point. The cycle time is 8 seconds regardless of the load. So for $2000 less I got a faster splitter.

Sorry for the long post. Also the columns don't line up sorry.

Log lift is standard. They say it aint but it is, it is put on all of them. Also the 25 ton rating is actually rated low on purpose. I will also take a Honda motor over all others. TW5 all the way. I bought the 6 way and log grate to. Now all I need is a conveyer.

Back