Timberline Chainsaw Sharpeners???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a file and a grider will be a better combo for me than a file and a timberline. Also stuff it just spend the money on a good grinder and it should last a life time and have no regrets. That said I'll be paying double or more what you guys pay in the states and I'm pretty sure we don't earn double as much so it could be an expensive exercise..
Thanks for the opinions guys.

well i have not used it much only use it for the 25" bar but i don't think i would put the bur in a drill or similar device as the bushes are alloy, i put a drop of oil on it makes it smoother to crank, it works ok on 404 and it's a walk in the park on 3/8 :cheers:
Hello I do have a question about my timberline sharpener I'm not sure if the chains I'm sharpening are just beat up from not being sharpened but I'm using the correct cutter and angle but yet it doesn't seem to cut the whole tooth just a section Im not sure if that's from previous people using a file and not doing it correctly?

I really think you would be well pleased with one.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Hello I do have a question about my timberline sharpener I'm not sure if the chains I'm sharpening are just beat up from not being sharpened but I'm using the correct cutter and angle but yet it doesn't seem to cut the whole tooth just a section Im not sure if that's from previous people using a file and not doing it correctly?

But I bought mine after reading from https://www.2kreviews.com/best-chainsaw-sharpener/.
There information is quite accurate and you can see other possible options also.

Problem with that article, and many similar reviews, is that they select and list just one product from each "type" of sharpening device. They do not compare similar grinders, similar file guides, similar sharpening jigs, etc.

Lots of good choices out there.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back