Timberwolf Log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just wanted to gloat alittle. I finally bought a new Timberwolf TW-5 and this machine is awesome. Wondering if anybody else out there runs one and if you have any tips or tricks.

Woodho

We have one. Nice machine. Just purchased the tray accessory and it makes it nice to operate. Also purchased the 6 way wedge. Very nice. Sometimes we cannot keep up with the machine for it splits so fast. Seems to increase our splitting by about 4-5 times.

We have only used it for one season so it is still relatively new to us also. The machine has changed the way we look at fire wood.

I like the Faver spliter, made up in northern Indiana. The log lift is on the operators side. The T-Wolf seems sorta BassAckwards with the lift on the other side of the rail.

John,
I don't agree with you. The idea of having the log lift on the opposite side from the person splitting is to allow the lifted logs to roll towards the operator and the cradle. Maybe your configuration is better for loading logs on but I would find that it has got to interfere with your footing and moving around on that side of the splitter. BTW, is there a website for this Faver splitter, I could not find it anywhere on the net.

Woodho

Latest posts

Back