Timberwolf vs ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would check out those American CLS models before I bought a Timberwolf. Especially if you are looking for value for the $$$'s. I have a Timberwolfe TW P-1. That's the cheapest TW splitter. I could've bought the compareable American CLS which came with highway tires and a few nicer options for way less $$$'s

Its been a while but if I remember right, I could've got the American CLS base model with log lift and table for less than my Timberwolf TW P-1 which has zero options.

Where is the closest TW dealer?
Timberwolf website has an 800-number to call for the nearest dealer. I bought mine, ordered it actually, from Bobwood Sales in Webberville, southeast of Lansing. I found his ad in a auto trader weekly or something. I believe there is a much closer dealer just south of Grand Rapids that stocks some of models. There seems to be a distribution center in Ohio that this area uses. A brochure I have says the TW-5 weighs 950 lbs. and the TW-6 weighs 1,475. I do not believe that's all metal however. From looking at photos of the TW-5 I'm seeing a gas tank on the motor, or rather engine, motors are electric. Hmm, there are hydraulic motors too. Well, engines are engines, or... ? The 6 has a steel five gallon tank, and the hydraulic tank on the 6 appears to be considerably larger. The splitter itself is 16" wider and 28" longer for some reason. Ah, but from captjack in post #40...by his photo it doesn't look like it matters. And we've all seen tomtrees posts on his TW-5.

Timberwolf website has an 800-number to call for the nearest dealer. I bought mine, ordered it actually, from Bobwood Sales in Webberville, southeast of Lansing. I found his ad in a auto trader weekly or something. I believe there is a much closer dealer just south of Grand Rapids that stocks some of models. There seems to be a distribution center in Ohio that this area uses. A brochure I have says the TW-5 weighs 950 lbs. and the TW-6 weighs 1,475. I do not believe that's all metal however. From looking at photos of the TW-5 I'm seeing a gas tank on the motor, or rather engine, motors are electric. Hmm, there are hydraulic motors too. Well, engines are engines, or... ? The 6 has a steel five gallon tank, and the hydraulic tank on the 6 appears to be considerably larger. The splitter itself is 16" wider and 28" longer for some reason. Ah, but from captjack in post #40...by his photo it doesn't look like it matters. And we've all seen tomtrees posts on his TW-5.

Eding is a TW dealer I discovered

Eding is a TW dealer I discovered
Really... Eding Tractor is a small town mom and pop (father and son actually) Kubota dealer. I've bought a 10hp Ariens snowblower there two years ago, repowered a wood splitter with a Briggs, and again eighteen years later with a GX200, both from him. If he had a Timberwolf sign up or something, I would have bought my TW-6 from him. As it was, I drove a hundred miles each way to pick it up. It's been a year ago this week. It was also from a mom and pop place. Now that I think of it, my son went along and we made a nice day of it together. They grow up and you see less and less of them, as it should be I guess. He got married Nov. 14, a month ago. Maybe some day I'll get a Kubota. Eding has a used Kubota 420 wheel loader that is use around the shop with forks on it. That would be sweet...

Really... Eding Tractor is a small town mom and pop (father and son actually) Kubota dealer. I've bought a 10hp Ariens snowblower there two years ago, repowered a wood splitter with a Briggs, and again eighteen years later with a GX200, both from him. If he had a Timberwolf sign up or something, I would have bought my TW-6 from him. As it was, I drove a hundred miles each way to pick it up. It's been a year ago this week. It was also from a mom and pop place. Now that I think of it, my son went along and we made a nice day of it together. They grow up and you see less and less of them, as it should be I guess. He got married Nov. 14, a month ago. Maybe some day I'll get a Kubota. Eding has a used Kubota 420 wheel loader that is use around the shop with forks on it. That would be sweet...

They don't have a sign there, nor are they a stocking dealer, but they are a dealer none the less, they can get em though.

Yea, they are good folks there. Some day when I'm in the market for a compact it will be a Kubota from them. We spend way to much money the way it is at Fillmore, Greenmark the way it is already, they've gotten way to big. I'd rather have orange than green just to support "the little guys" in town.

Sounds like your doing it right. 28 GPM pump is huge.
I saw a picture of a used TW-5 (22 gpm pump) for sale and the paint on the hydraulic tank was missing several inches around the return line bung, which makes me think your powered oil cooler is a great option. DHT may be putting a dent in the resale value of my TW-6 (also 22 gpm). :)
Do you have a production date?

We are hoping to get them going the beginning of 2016. Just working out some of the details on the weldments and sub-components. Might offer a 20 gallon tank option. Nonetheless that is our basic design. It's a new brand just for dealers and the rental channel.

That is our new commercial unit we have been working on.
28 GPM pump, 5" cylinder, 1" ports and hoses, hyd log lift, hyd 4 way, torflex suspension, 15 gallon tank, optional powered oil cooler, made in Colorado.
That's a small tank for a 28GPM pump. I'd think you'd have to run a cooler with so little hydraulic fluid. No time for the oil to cool down. From the pic, that looks like a GX390. Will that be big enough for run a 28gpm pump? I have a GX630 running my 28gpm pump.

How about this??

Take those side pieces off the beam that are hold the ram down and replace them with something on the ram that wraps under the beam. I like a flush splitter beam so I can keep bark and debris from building up on the splitter. If that splitter is priced reasonably I'd be interested. These 9K dollars splitters are nice, but definitely not worth that kind of cash. I'm in the market for something new and if I can't find one reasonably priced with an adjustable wedge and a log lift I'm just going to build my own. TW needs a little more competition and their splitters would be about half price. A lot of companies are building the Speeco design splitter now and a well built one can be had for 1500, there's not 7500 more dollars in parts and labor in the TW-6 style splitters.

Take those side pieces off the beam that are hold the ram down and replace them with something on the ram that wraps under the beam. I like a flush splitter beam so I can keep bark and debris from building up on the splitter. If that splitter is priced reasonably I'd be interested. These 9K dollars splitters are nice, but definitely not worth that kind of cash. I'm in the market for something new and if I can't find one reasonably priced with an adjustable wedge and a log lift I'm just going to build my own. TW needs a little more competition and their splitters would be about half price. A lot of companies are building the Speeco design splitter now and a well built one can be had for 1500, there's not 7500 more dollars in parts and labor in the TW-6 style splitters.
I beg to differ. There are a lot of parts, fittings, and such and it all adds up. I just had mine made earlier this year and we'll there's a lot of parts!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back