Time For Some Big Saw Cuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spacemule said:
Are those burn marks on that log?

Those are iron stains. Nails or wire in hardwood. You see a lot of that milling walnut...why walnuts attract nails, I don't know, but it ups your chances.

Mark

Freakingstang said:
The two black spots? I don't think so, cause they were all the way up the butt. I'm not sure exactly what those are.

-Steve
Steve, when I hit the barb wire in the black oak i was cutting up it left the same black markings in the cut. Did you look for buried barbed wire or nails in that area.

coveredinsap said:
Read 'em and weep.

Alpina w/36" bar buried in a Monterey Pine....and only about a third of the way thru the cut.-)

Are you saying you only made it a third of the way through before the saw had enough. :popcorn: :popcorn:

coveredinsap said:
Cut4fun said:
Nope. The fact is, the saw is still running in the photo. I just stopped for a second to get a picture of the bar buried ....for posterity's sake.

Nice try, though. You been taking lessons from Ultra, Thall, or Larrythecable guy?

Beg your differ there. Lets you and me get one thing completely striaght. I think if you look up at what I said about your pic I said nice tree, not bad at all and I meant it, its one hellluva tree, good job. I did think you misunderstood the thread thinking it was who cut the biggest tree, it is not and I politely informed you of that, no smart remarks of any sort. Blaming me for what someone else posted is totally uncalled for. Thats is indeed breaking rule 12 but I am not running to a mod Sap, I never have one time. If you dont believe it you ask them.
Sap we have pulled our time in jail. I have no interest in going to jail again because of you and I'm sure you have no interest in going again because of me. Its done with, by gones are by gones. Blaming me for others only brings back what you and me both need to aviod. I will indeed reply to your posts in Stihl threads because that is what I do for a living. If you take notice I never comment in any of your posts in other threads that you post in, only the Stihl ones. Thats all. I did take your comment about employee's to heart because even though DDM doesn't know it I do know you have done that several times over as I''m sure you remember the last time you and I argued over it. I accepted my scolding from DDM and that was that. You got a apology, nothing more I can give you Sap. I even thanked you for not bashing my other thread. Little did I know I go back to that thread and there you have made your mark. Over 100 posts of nothing but good clean fun and bang. Seems something is wrong between you and me. I would like for you to tell me what it is, lets hear and bury it once and for all. I'm all ears Sap, state your feelings and lets put this non-sense to rest.

Hmmmm. My mistake, Thall. I wasn't aware that you had turned over a new leaf. I stand corrected....and I'll fix the above post.

By the way...I don't have any feelings, as they're not logical.

coveredinsap said:
Hmmmm. My mistake, Thall. I wasn't aware that you had turned over a new leaf. I stand corrected....and I'll fix the above post.

Thank you Sap, I apprecaite it. New leaf, not really but thanks for the compliment. You and I did good on this one, no harm, no foul, no mods needed and no jail time for either of us. Lets keep it that way, deal?

coveredinsap said:
I just stopped for a second to get a picture of the bar buried ....for ma posterior's sake.

Fixed it for ya.....

Hey, anybuddy got an extra "Get outta Jail free" card? Jus' in case I eva needs one.....

rbtree said:
Fixed it for ya.....

Hey, anybuddy got an extra "Get outta Jail free" card? Jus' in case I eva needs one.....

Sorry Rb out of stock on this end,lol

rbtree said:
Fixed it for ya.....

BTW RB did you see what I just saw, may need a lawyer, hmm

A fair sized tree....from 2 summers ago....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Freakingstang said:
The two black spots? I don't think so, cause they were all the way up the butt. I'm not sure exactly what those are.

-Steve
Most cases black spots are cause by metal. Like nails. A Nail could be in a tree for years and rot away leaving a stain.
Mike

Sorry Steve I didn't finish reading the Thread. My Bad.

coveredinsap said:
Nice try, though. You been taking lessons from Ultra, (the former) Thall, or Larrythecableguy?

Me thinks someone has sore feelings. And is trying to provoke something.

Last edited:
manual, that quote you have posted was not made by me. Someone has chopped it up and used my name there. Just to let people know i have nothing against those people. Dont know why it has been twisted around to look like that.
I made a statement to sap about a pic of his saw a third the way through the cut. I was making a crack on the saw just sitting there in the log. Like those add a sentence to this pic type crack. Nothing more.

Cut4fun said:
manual, that quote you have posted was not made by me. Someone has chopped it up and used my name there. Just to let people know i have nothing against those people. Dont know why it has been twisted around to look like that.
I made a statement to sap about a pic of his saw a third the way through the cut. I was making a crack on the saw just sitting there in the log. Like those add a sentence to this pic type crack. Nothing more.

Yea I know where that quote came from. It came from sap.
Your a good man there Cut 4 fun. and I have seen you go out of your way to help people around here. For that I thank you.

I must have messed that quote up transfering it. In no way did I mean you were the provoker. For that I am sorry.

There fixed it.
Mike

Last edited:
Cut4fun said:

Meh thinks it got borked on page 2, dont think there wasnt intent to harm you, just html tag borking..seen it a thousand times............

Latest posts

Back