TIPS and tricks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about using funnels?
Any tips on dismantling a slash pile for firewood?
So far it has been alot of work, but the wood is free!

I also don't buy chevys.

Get a Dodge 4X4 with big gnarly tires and (no Chevys or Fords) hook to the logs with a chain and pull 'em out where you can get to them - that's how I do it! Matt

ford is the only quality vehicle ive had to rescue a many dodge and chevrons in my day that tried to follow my ford fact! And i've never had to back away from a load either:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I guess this is the humor thread instead of tip thread!
I came here to see if there was wise input but guess just turned into
jokes. Humor is cool and I have one humorous tip I remember my dad
said over and over, don't take any wooden nickels; which isn't as funny
as his reaction to saying it was, he 'd get tickled and when dad laughed
I laughed cause he has a funny laugh. Oh yeah he'd say better to keep
your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and confirm it!
Turns out this was a good tip that fits everyone
except me of course lol :hmm3grin2orange:

Ford, Chev, Dodge, they all have their good points and bad points, not one is better then the other. Trust me, I work on lots of them all!!! Thats what I do for a living.(auto mechanic)

I guess this is the humor thread instead of tip thread!
I came here to see if there was wise input but guess just turned into
jokes. Humor is cool and I have one humorous tip I remember my dad
said over and over, don't take any wooden nickels; which isn't as funny
as his reaction to saying it was, he 'd get tickled and when dad laughed
I laughed cause he has a funny laugh. Oh yeah he'd say better to keep
your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and confirm it!
Turns out this was a good tip that fits everyone
except me of course lol :hmm3grin2orange:

I DON'T GET IT !

Rope

:yoyo: :jester: :ices_rofl: :fart: :laugh: :hmm3grin2orange: :food:

We even have a few humorous smileys....

Everything turns into a humor thread here....have a look around. MOST of these guys will help you out in a heartbeat if you need. There's nothing wrong with cracking up now and again.

If you don't like it, man, you don't have to take my wooden nickel!

I use a weed sprayer for a shop can. You cut the end of the nozzel off. You then pump it up and, put the spout in the tank and press the lever; just like at a gas station. Nice little hose, so you do not have to pick up the whole can and it is clean with no spills.

That is a GREAT tip!

Ford, Chev, Dodge, they all have their good points and bad points, not one is better then the other. Trust me, I work on lots of them all!!! Thats what I do for a living.(auto mechanic)
hey friend I know that, i was responding to someone else comment a pro dodge man, I like em all depending on year and model, a mint super bee,even a chevelle but trucks; well I'm ford tough and that was from experience.
I've worked on them all but I had a 67 shortwide that lasted as long as any foreign model and made a ford man of me but you can't beat a 300 inline's durability!
I now have a superduty and it has power and plenty of it I hope
it holds up as many trouble free years and have 72 bronco lifted and locked for off road fun, in which only jeep has followed me succesfully, but they modded with 9 inch ford or dana60s to do it and when done that way beat my bronc but i haven't spent 50000 modding it yet:rockn:

"ropensaddle" Hey, yes I agree with you on the 300-6 great motor lasts a long time, just a little short on power IMHO. What motor do you have in your superduty?? The new Powerstroke's are crap, the newer ones anyway(6.0L), at the dealer ship in town here, they have one guy deticated to fixing them 24-7, I know someone that has one, its the 6.0L model and its already had a new motor put in it and its a 2005. I myself drive a ford, how ever its a 1990 F-250 4x4 extra cab long box, with a 351.

I like to keep a ziplock bag full of Q-tips in the glovebox. Great for getting sawdust out of your eyes.

I use a paper clip to clean the bar groove, and an old toothbrush on the air filters.

If you carry a log tape, a good way is on the belt of your chaps. I put a grommet ( hardware store kit) thru the belt and chap right at the edge. A small screw gate chain link thru the grommet and the tape will hang there as long as the chaps last. For me a belt loop was usually good for two days at most.
If you run 063 ga. the stinger nail on the tape fits the bar groove perfect for cleaning. I run 50 now and the nail is too big, dont know about 058.
Anyone using a log tape for the first time Beware. If the tension is set fairly tight, for high performance:D and you let it get away from you while rewinding, you will find out why it is called a stinger.
I like to wrap the last six inches of the tape and the nail with black ele tape. It will save wear on that part of the tape and the nail is always in a ready to go position whan you grab it, instead of being cocked over sideways. But, too much tape is too much weight.
When you need to replace the filler, unwrap the new one and then stick it in your pocket with several feet of tail sticking out. This will keep it from getting away from you and unwinding.

Oh yea... you can run a saw without bar oil but dont EVER try to run one without saw gas.;)

those big wide flat latex exercise resistance bands + a 10" x 12" x 2" thick stomach dressing pad, make great trauma bandages, for gaping arteriel bleeds (like chainsaw cuts) . Fold the dressing over, place on injury, wrap with the latex sheet. The sheet will stretch slightly and create pressure on the wound, which is what you want. (no its not a tourniqute). This will free up your hands so you can dial 911, apply another nadage somewhere else, etc....

Latest posts

Back