Tips on Jons 920's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joed1694

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently bought a saw on ebay that was supposed to be a 920. After further review and some measuring tools I found out it was an 820. The next day did some matching up and decided that the jug bolts up the same and stroke is the same. so i put the 820 jug and piston on my 920. The saw ran great and could tell no difference in power because in all reality i was only loosing 7 cc. so if your 920 blows up this maybe a different option. you guys probably already know that but it tickled me when this worked out for the best.

.....it would have been more sexy to switch the other way though! ;)

I wonder if anyone know if the Husky 288xp jug will fit on those saws?

Last edited:
I am not able to tell you any more on it, but here is the background for suggesting that it might fit;

After E-lux takeover of Jred and Partner, the Jred 910 was developed into the 920/820, and later 930/830, under heavy influence by Husqvarna.
I also think the Husky 181, 281xp and 288xp were "spin-offs" from this development - so they are probably not "pure" Husky, but the did not have the Partner inspired handle design of the Jreds.

I have just been told that at least one of the 80.7 cc Husky cylinders has typical Husky porting - so they probably all have.
Even though the bores and strokes are "inherited" from Jred, the cylinders are not exactly the same, but may fit anyway.

Latest posts

Back