Tired of ethanol issues! My Stihl 029 loves AV Gas.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right is right, right?

Just couldn't help myself... OK enough of that we amy get this thing locked ;-)

dw

Oh great.....far right politics in a chainsaw forum.....

Chainsaws?! I thought we was talkin fuel, petrol, go juice, gasoleeen (or ethanol, as the case may be)!? As for politics...tis the season! Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled program. I like the blue/green "marine" formula Sta-bil for my power equipment. Been buyin 87 octane at whatever station, give 'er the fuel treatment, no problems in any of my engines. I see they have a new Sta-bil Ethanol fuel treatment, might hafta give this a try. Ethanol Blended Fuels and Small Engines - YouTube

Oh great.....far right politics in a chainsaw forum.....

This is about ethanol not politics. I used to work in a small engine shop. I know how bad this crap is. Why is it than when the truth comes up the left starts complaining about politics? No this is about getting your saw to run right. The government is in the way of that by pushing this crap fuel.

This is about ethanol not politics.

In defense of the post by tooold, it was actually a reply to one of my posts... a post that was deleted by one of the moderators because it was, in the mods opinion (and that's the only one that matters), too politically bent. Without my post still viewable, the one that prompted the post by tooold, his post comes across a lot further "left" than it was meant to be.

That's not to say I don't agree with your comments about the "left"... just that it doesn't necessarily apply this time...
(and I have no idea if tooold uses his left hand or his right) :hmm3grin2orange:

addendum; Oh, and my deleted post was in fact way, way, way "right".

Last edited:
In defense of the post by tooold, it was actually a reply to one of my posts... a post that was deleted by one of the moderators because it was, in the mods opinion (and that's the only one that matters), too politically bent. Without my post still viewable, the one that prompted the post by tooold, his post comes across a lot further "left" than it was meant to be.

That's not to say I don't agree with your comments about the "left"... just that it doesn't necessarily apply this time...
(and I have no idea if tooold uses his left hand or his right) :hmm3grin2orange:

addendum; Oh, and my deleted post was in fact way, way, way "right".

Your previous post was deleted because it was political, plain and simple. This post constitutes complaining about site moderation.

I think it goes by population density.

Basically Zogger.

There's two uses of Ethanol.

The first is an oxygenator -- the role that MTBE used to play up here in New England, to make reduce harmful emissions.

As we know, oil and water don't mix. So it used to be cleaning up fuel tanks that leaked was relatively simple...since the petroleum products would float. MTBE was a water soluble carcinogen, so it's leaks contaminated the entire water table. And because tanks are used for different products, even stuff like heating oil would pickup residual MTBE contamination from previous loads of gasoline.

So after all the new cars were switched over to electronic fuel injection with computers reading oxygen sensors to determine the right fuel/air mixture and carbs were relegated to small engines and antiques, they decided to use a non-carcinogenic oxygenator called ethanol. Still contaminates water if it leaks. And isn't needed by 99.95% of the cars going up and down the road today as daily drivers. (In other words, it's pretty fracking useless today at addressing pollution because technology has rendered it obsolete for the vast majority of fuel usage).

The second is as a farm & agribusiness welfare program, and that's when you started seeing it even in areas that didn't have outdated air pollution control standards in place.

Being that I have spent time in repair shops, I know the damage that is done by ethanol. I like hearing the pros and cons of the subject but when it gets more polarized, it turns me off because I am getting plenty of that in the media. I like coming to this site so I can escape the media frenzy for a little while. :)

Being that I have spent time in repair shops, I know the damage that is done by ethanol. I like hearing the pros and cons of the subject but when it gets more polarized, it turns me off because I am getting plenty of that in the media. I like coming to this site so I can escape the media frenzy for a little while. :)

Exactly. There's a Political forum on AS. We try to keep all of the politically themed posts there and not in the general forum.

Not so odd really.
By trucking it to your state and selling it there, it brings more money into this state... selling it here only recycles money already here.
It ain't about "green" or "renewable", never has been... it's all about the money.

I agree with that one

Amen!!

Latest posts

Back