To Decompress or Not to Decompress?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no decomp on my JRed 801 but I wish there was. I also have a CP70 with a PM850 power plant that is pretty stout, I can hold the saw up by the rope with a 24 inch bar and chain and it will not drop a inch.

I use mine on the 350 when I remember to. It doesn't make much difference anyway. Tried to put one on my 61/272 but it will not clear the handle bars so I've got it plugged off. All of my other saws are from the heavy metal era and do not have de comps.:hmm3grin2orange:

I seldom use them on my saws up to 100cc. I don't have any over 100cc that have decomps. I don't doubt that I'd use them on big-inch Macs if I had any. Lemme get back to you after find some. I do have a Homey 909D, and, while it's got no spark at the moment, I have pulled it over a hojillion times verifying that fact. The trick is to pull from TDC. It's not hard to find -- just bump-bump-bump until it's got max resistance. Let 'er rip. Your shoulder will thank you.

One of the best things I learned from AS. Ron

I use them most of the time.

On a saw like the 372 XPW with a pop up piston, it sure is nice to have.

I once had a new DCS 540 with no decomp, and that saw must have been pulling 200 lb. plus compression after it got warmed up. I ended up hurting my arm on that D##n saw, and it was 4 months before I could run a saw again.

I stayed here, but the DCS 540 left.:hmm3grin2orange:

I use mine all the time...
That said my 365 xtorq won't pop sometimes when its used but will fire up on the frist pull after I pull it back closed.
The saw is new and if you have any thoughts as to why it is like that I'd like to hear them.

Latest posts

Back