To full wrap or not to full wrap.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s their application in clearing blow down?

It gives you options to be on either side of the saw.
6ada9e933a937443a732e2b2e4a13813.jpg

Situations like this every option you can use will let you come home at the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a full wrap handle in your avatar[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
That saw was sold. I have had them and sold them, if I never owned one I could never form an opinion. :cheers:

3/4 is pretty much all you see any more. "Full" wrap is old school and I haven't seen any on new saws in 40 yrs :p

I like the 3/4 wrap on my 066 and 661.
I use it quite a bit.

Need a pic of an actual full wrap...

bfc3e61a38ab386bc4d9c5d4a1e637dd.jpg

Other then the 562 the 372 on up are full wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get yelled at if my stumps are much over 6” in a trail one trick I’ll do to cure this issue is to wack the back cut off the stump afterwards
db520759a563e8cb41f941a2eb505a54.jpg

How much lower are you going to get without a full wrap on something like this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to make cuts to fit the full wrap and reach far enough in with a 30" bar to fell this beech with aa 044. I prefer full wrap for most felling, tho.
But I can see where it can get in the way.

158669480.AafAgfjU.walledgardenbeechhdr1920.jpg

Most of my big saws have full wraps, notably the 090 does not, but its a milling saw so its preferential to have a half wrap.

I like the full wraps for giving you more grip options for falling and limbing. I don't flush cut often, but I find, more often than not, wishing for a full wrap when I don't have one.

I do a lot more bucking than I do felling, so by and large I’d rather have the smaller saw than the full wrap. If you don’t care about the size, full wrap is better. If you carry it in a truck and use it occasionally, then the full wrap is more of a hinderance.

Back