Toasted my clone ms660 on amsoil at 100:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lone wolf
Not sure about the roar but the foaming sounds normal to me. I’ve seen it a few times especially of the vehicle was just driven. The oil is getting whipped up by the gears spinning i doubt it had anything to do with Amsoil
Maybe the rear was set up wrong after a repair?

Trellos

Trellos

ArboristSite Lurker
Or never read the hated oil forums here. OP why the hell would you do that? Call Amsoil and *****!

I really /wanted/ it to work. I'm not sure why. I wanted to believe. After all it's 'tested and proven at 100:1' I figured I'd see for my self.

My buddy thinks I broke it on purpose.

Trellos

Trellos

ArboristSite Lurker
Did everyone else miss that this is a China saw!?!?? I'll be the last to run any oil at that kind of ridiculous ratio, but I doubt in this case it was the ONLY reason for failure:rolleyes:.

I'm almost positive the saw failed to my own error/stupidity. I do think the chi-com saws probably are more likely to bomb at high RPM. However the bottom end seemed really dry when I popped the cylinder off.

lone wolf
I'm almost positive the saw failed to my own error/stupidity. I do think the chi-com saws probably are more likely to bomb at high RPM. However the bottom end seemed really dry when I popped the cylinder off.
Well don't fry a real one at 100 to one unless you have lots of funds!

lone wolf

Latest posts