Toasted my clone ms660 on amsoil at 100:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a wild thing for my son when he bought his first house 20 years ago. He cut brush and stacked it as high as a small ranch house. Recently he’s cleaning up my land in vt with it. It’s still running. I gave him the new husky 460 rancher and a 570xt. I told him to run 40:1.

How do you like a steady stream of black Diesel?

Recent posts on this thread are reminding me of a solder review I read on Amazon.

Have you ever wanted to solder micro PCB transistors and resistors like a demi god/ robot? Then this solder is for you.

Do you want a lead solder with a competent flux that will bond your connections like a champ, and give off fumes with the sweet taste of Bismuth salts and antimony that pairs nicely with a glass of Montepulciano or a Sanghiovese?
Then this flux core is for you.

Do you want to live as long as possible and keep your sperm count up? Then maybe you'd prefer a Rohs solder, and after throwing it across the room you'll realize: laboratories and electronics are not for you.

We all die sometime, we're surrounded by death. No need for the constant reminder from our electronic devices that die before their time, due to inferior Rohs compliant solders.

Women like mysterious dangerous men, and what could be more dangerous than a man who breathes fire and lead fumes? Nothing. Take it from me: a scientist; put a roll of this bad boy in your laboratory and watch the panties drop. Now I know what you're thinking: "we have a disparity in the sciences, with too few women taking degrees in the hard sciences thanks to years of uninformed dogmatic gender role ascribing women to careers other than the hard sciences. Now we're paying the price. Do you realize how hard it is to get a lady in your laboratory?"

Well, true. And no. I don't.
because I use spools of lead solder.

Fact: women are drawn to the sweet smell of Bismuth salts and the pheromones excreted by a man with acute lead toxicity coursing through his veins are unmistakably unique.

It intoxicates their senses, they're drawn on a genetic level to procreate with you *immediately* because, with lead, there might not be much more time.

Pretty sure Darwin mentions the mechanics of this exact biological drive in his work "The Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals" but I wouldn't know. I'm a real scientist, not a biologist so I've not the time to read such quackery.

What I do know about women I've learned from observation and captain Kirk.

From observation I can assure you, heat up some of this solder, sit back and watch the women come in droves. Your lab will make Hugh's house look an all boy's academy. Hang another roll from your review mirror. Trust me. This solder will save us from the gender disparity in the sciences. It will save future generations. But, don't wait, copulate. After all, it is lead bearing solder, so there's not much time.

I will continue to buy this solder.

Likely wouldn't have cooked if it was OEM crank for the amount you used it.
Especially after using 20:1 for a while.

A Mechanic I know had a 365/372 am crank let loose on the bench as he was setting it up after rebuild. First AM crank he bought to try with ported BB top ends, I tested it and on the second day the big end apparently went.
Some were going together a little tight at first so he would make a thicker gasket. Seemed to be ok after that. I ran one for about 6 months in a ported 372.

That crank looks blue? Maybe it was tight?
You don't usually see metal coming up on your intake side of the piston either.
You would almost think it was facing the wrong way.
What does the other side look like?

I don't like to breathe smoke either. I mix a small bottle with .9 or .95 gallon of gas, which should be 45 - 48 to 1. I have never had a problem doing this. My old 1985 model Husqvarna has ran at 11,800 to 12,000 for all these years and still runs good.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don't like to breathe smoke either. I mix a small bottle with .9 or .95 gallon of gas, which should be 45 - 48 to 1. I have never had a problem doing this. My old 1985 model Husqvarna has ran at 11,800 to 12,000 for all these years and still runs good.

Diesel is the worst I ever breathed when I had the old aerial lift truck it nearly killed me breathing it! That thing smoked all day long for 8 hours a day every day breath that and see how you feel!

Maybe the rear was set up wrong after a repair?
Only time rear diff was into was when the tech pulled it down to see what was wrong with it. Called me over to show me the beer head foam all in the lube. After tear down he called me over to see what was bad. New gear set and all bearings were installed and setup. The specs for the gear backlash is close tolerance, 4 to 5 thou. Was quiet when it left last month. We put anti tamper marks on the fill plug to see if he changes the diff lube back to ansoil.

Steve

Only time rear diff was into was when the tech pulled it down to see what was wrong with it. Called me over to show me the beer head foam all in the lube. After tear down he called me over to see what was bad. New gear set and all bearings were installed and setup. The specs for the gear backlash is close tolerance, 4 to 5 thou. Was quiet when it left last month. We put anti tamper marks on the fill plug to see if he changes the diff lube back to ansoil.

Steve
Metal flakes?

Did you buy amsoil saber? It's quite thick not thin at all.
It's the only amsoil they recommend at 100-1, it's way thicker than dominator to pour so I can see needing less of it in the premix. I like amsoil but would stick to 50-1 with saber just to be safe.
I am going to try amsoil when I run out of Stihl ultra, but it will be mixed at 50:1

I don't think he even used the saber amsoil, which is the only one they recommend at 100-1. He posted it was thin, saber is not thin its thick.
Amsoil is a brand, they make more than one premix oil.

40 to 1 dont smoke hardly. Less wear on engine parts.
I look at it like this. If 50:1 is enough to keep it lubricated, then 40:1 is not needed. Some people say more oil is better, but I say enough oil is the best. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that's how I look at it and it has worked for me for 35 years.

I don't think he even used the saber amsoil, which is the only one they recommend at 100-1. He posted it was thin, saber is not thin its thick.
Amsoil is a brand, they make more than one premix oil.

It was saber, says 100:1 right on the bottle. I could be wrong but it seemed thin to me.

I look at it like this. If 50:1 is enough to keep it lubricated, then 40:1 is not needed. Some people say more oil is better, but I say enough oil is the best. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying that's how I look at it and it has worked for me for 35 years.

That's sorta like I feel about 40 to 1.

Latest posts

Back