Toasted my clone ms660 on amsoil at 100:1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone else confused by this? You're saying both are operating in the upper powerband under load but bikes can have a higher oil ratio?
I'm confused by it. 2 stroke bikes that are constantly "on the pipe" or in the upper rpms (like a chainsaw wide open), need oil in the mix. 80cc and 125cc bikes are run on 32:1, even with 250cc bikes it is very common. Bigger bore bikes like 300cc and 500cc bikes are ok at 40:1 and higher because they tend to get lugged around more. Saws need oil too, 32:1 and 40:1.

I think the OP is interesting in what he tried. Oils are created different, but I am not trying Amsoil Saber at 100:1.

Didn’t Chinese 365 copy’s spec 25 to 1 oil ratio? I’m not huge Amsoil fan but love their 10w60 dirt bike oil for my KTM . I blame the poor quality saw parts more. As far as GM rear end fail from Amsoil? Please, I’ve known enough GM lovers that owned the best truck ever and yet it had its 3rd engine and 2nd transmission by that point[emoji849][emoji23][emoji23].. we had a GM fan boy tell us the Econoline 150 Ford van with the noisy rear end how the gears would be all shot [emoji849].... Tire was loose, Ford didn’t make enough power to bust differential LMAO [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was saber, says 100:1 right on the bottle. I could be wrong but it seemed thin to me.
I maybe wrong about how thick it is, it's been a while since I used it but I remember it being thicker than the stihl premix I have now, which pours like water and a little thicker than the lucas I use in the bike.

I for one do not like breathing smoke! Anyone ever consider your lungs?

No not really as I am lucky to be alive already. I used to work nights flagging as a kid crop dusting. The chemicals are illegal now, but back then it was nothing to run around with green fingernails and green hair. So I figured what the big deal with a little smoke. Thanks

I’m leary of the husky pre mix at 50-1. I add husky two stroke oil to the 50-1 pre mix can. At 40-1 that’s as far as I go. I’d rather foul a spark plug than buy new parts. A dirtbike can be rejetted to a change in pre mix a chain saw can’t be rejetted.

There is 100-1 optimal two stroke oil but never tried it.
What do you think the mixture screws on a saw carb are for if not rejetting ?

Is anyone else confused by this? You're saying both are operating in the upper powerband under load but bikes can have a higher oil ratio?
Yeah it is confusing now that read it out again, essentially what I was trying to say is chainsaws operate under direct load to the engine at 9-10k+ rpm where bikes have different gearing in the transmission and aren't always run wide open all the time like a chainsaw.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

The Amsoil camp guys are quit on this subject anyway , most of the time you put snake oil in something , the snake will bit you ;)
Ive used it it everything i own for 15 years. Backpack blower with hundreds of tanks throught it, trimmers, saws, diesel engine oil for my volkswagen, regular engine oil in my work trucks. No problems here. Run any mix at 100:1 and it will not work out well. It does get old tho, guys talkin **** about amsoil like it banged your old lady. Lol.

Ive used it it everything i own for 15 years. Backpack blower with hundreds of tanks throught it, trimmers, saws, diesel engine oil for my volkswagen, regular engine oil in my work trucks. No problems here. Run any mix at 100:1 and it will not work out well. It does get old tho, guys talkin **** about amsoil like it banged your old lady. Lol.
6 years here I'm a Tree Service run it in everything never had a failure! Works fine I trust it!

Between Amsoil and Resolute oil we made thousands every year on repairs. That rear diff foaming is nothing new. I have seen it no less than 15 times. Never once did amsoil pay for any portion of the guarantee either. I know some people have had luck with it and that is fine. However after personally tearing apart mechanicals that had oil/lube failure for 10 years I will never use it for anything but door hinges.

I didn't blow up the pictures but that crank looks like it got pretty hot.

Who is it that is making the 100:1 claim? it's Amsoil isn't it. Puts them in the Shamwow category in my opinion. You and many others are smart enough to dismiss that claim but how many have blindly followed them down that path?

Who is it that is making the 100:1 claim? it's Amsoil isn't it. Puts them in the Shamwow category in my opinion. You and many others are smart enough to dismiss that claim but how many have blindly followed them down that path?

Ive seen it work at 80:1 for a long time. I spent about 15 years between two different golf courses, both mechanics ran nothing but amsoil 80:1 in all their stuff. Not one scored cylinder. Im not gonna do it in my equipment but ive seen it first hand. Not to mention the OP admitted he was using his cell phone to tune it while listening to music, more likely to me is he toasted his saw all by himself.

Honestly, most of the reason i use it is because its reasonably priced locally for me and it doesnt give me a headache when im running a blower all day.

Yeah it is confusing now that read it out again, essentially what I was trying to say is chainsaws operate under direct load to the engine at 9-10k+ rpm where bikes have different gearing in the transmission and aren't always run wide open all the time like a chainsaw.

Dirt bikes motors out perform chain saw motors in the neighbor hood of 1000% or more. A typical 80cc motor can yield 30 HP. Ask me how I know. I have seen 50 and 60cc motors also yield that much. We are not talking about setup that your grandchild would be learning to ride on, but full on race set ups. Two stroke motors on dirt bikes are a thing of the past because of EPA standards. If any one has been in to or watched a GP race you understand that those motors had to perform at full throttles for long periods of time. The Baja 1000 is about endurance for long periods of time. Dirt bikes became very sophisticated and performed well unlike chainsaws. Thanks

I’ve never been a fan of Amsoil, mostly because the promote the idea of 80:1 or 100:1 as a benifit. It’s not. In the 2 stroke MX world it was accepted that 30:1/40:1 made the most power. Theory was that amount oil helped the rings seal and gave better compression. Any less and performance suffered.

Back