Today is my Birthday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fifty Four years I’ve been breathing now.
I was a teenager of the 70’s, so I’m one of the lucky 50+ now-a-days… many of those I partied with didn’t make it through the 80’s, or are still wasting in a chemical haze… and some are behind bars. I managed to wake-up and grow-up in the mid-80’s, but I carry a few scars, physical problems and health issues related to choices in my past (as we all do in greater or lesser degrees). Anyway, twelve more months and I’ll be able to get all the senior citizen discounts.
Enough of that…
My birthday present from Dad and Mom was a Fiskars X27… I was astounded by how light it is, and I’ve never used any tool with a “plastic” handle. We’ll see how it works? I don’t have anything to split right now… maybe this weekend.

Ah the 70's the era of Rat powered cars and ladies skin tight jeans. $1,500 would get you a car that could scare the crap out of you and attracted women like flies. Happy 54...

$1,500 would get you a car that could scare the crap out of you and attracted women like flies.

Ain't that the truth... and I wrecked every one of 'em (both the cars and the women).
And the worst part is, if I'd have just parked all those (60's built) $1,500 cars I'd be a millionaire today.
Funny how the front tires would outlast the rears in those days, and now the fronts are the first to go.

I was a teenager of the 70’s, so I’m one of the lucky 50+ now-a-days… many of those I partied with didn’t make it through the 80’s, or are still wasting in a chemical haze… and some are behind bars. I managed to wake-up and grow-up in the mid-80’s, but I carry a few scars, physical problems and health issues related to choices in my past (as we all do in greater or lesser degrees). Anyway, twelve more months and I’ll be able to get all the senior citizen discounts.
Enough of that…
My birthday present from Dad and Mom was a Fiskars X27… I was astounded by how light it is, and I’ve never used any tool with a “plastic” handle. We’ll see how it works? I don’t have anything to split right now… maybe this weekend.

Happy 54th, my friend.:D I think many of us can relate to your past. :( Thank God we got a second chance at it brother. There's been lots of talk about those Fixkars on here lately. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :D

Happy Birthday! I hope the man upstairs sends you another spring like day for you to enjoy.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Happy Birthday...words to live by from Uncle Ted Nugent...if anyone wants to get mellow ..you can turn around and get the f outta here.

Have a Chevy Nova...350 with a 4 bolt main 3 speed on the tree...I could burn rubber all day!

Enough of that…

Happy Birthday, WS!! I celebrate every one, and I'll be 21 again myself day after tomorrow!! Good to be a Capricorn!!

Happy Birthday WS. Have a few on me. Just ordered a small X5 Fiskers the other day. Should see it somtime this week.

Enough of that…

Happy Birthday young man!!!!!:cheers:

Happy Birthday, WS!! I celebrate every one, and I'll be 21 again myself day after tomorrow!! Good to be a Capricorn!!

An early Happy Birthday to you too!!!!! :msp_thumbsup: I'll be 55 on the day after tomorrow!!!!! :msp_scared:

Latest posts

Back