Today may be the last day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This may be the last day to burn wood untill next fall, It's finally warming up enough to let the fire go out.:clap: We have burned longer this year than i can remember. But like last year it's going straight from winter to summer, next week it's supposed to be in the 80's. this week was highs in the 40's:dizzy:

Phew.

I thought maybe somebody got ya mad and you were leaving AS.:(

Anyway, it's 37 degrees at 11:20 pm here in Pa. Daytime temps heading to the 60's and 70's in a couple days, so I'll be shutting down probably Monday. I burned coal all winter and am finishing up with wood the last three weeks.

Kevin

This may be the last day to burn wood untill next fall, It's finally warming up enough to let the fire go out.:clap: We have burned longer this year than i can remember. But like last year it's going straight from winter to summer, next week it's supposed to be in the 80's. this week was highs in the 40's:dizzy:

Same here :msp_biggrin:

Its been very warm here this winter. A terrible winter for firewood that's for sure. Not sure how those guys made it -- unless it was through the cold-natured seniors that are around. Otherwise it's been so warm here we have been sleeping with no heat at night. Can you imagine?

Looks like it's going to be 37* here tonight, then after that the lows are in the 50's. I sure hope I'm done with burning wood for this winter, I can't remember ever burning so much.

The last week has been in the upper 50's for highs, so I've been letting the stove go out in the morning, then firing it back up just before dark. What a PITA! Had to mow the grass yesterday, so it looks like spring has finally sprung.

(((sigh)))) Still waiting for spring here.
Still have snow piles not melted yet.
Still have frost on the windshield in the morning.
Still have the fire burning.
Still have ground frost in places.
(((sigh))) Still waiting for 60's... can't think about 70's yet... and 80's are only a dream.

(((sigh)))) Still waiting for spring here.
Still have snow piles not melted yet.
Still have frost on the windshield in the morning.
Still have the fire burning.
Still have ground frost in places.
(((sigh))) Still waiting for 60's... can't think about 70's yet... and 80's are only a dream.

60s and 70s yes 80s no.

It's going to be a few weeks more, it's still in the 30's in the morning. Days are warm and don't burn much wood, but still need a little fire all day. Hell they haven't even taken the load limits off yet.

Its warming up here but i have had a fire at night. I dont have any other kind of heat.I hope to burn up the wood i have in my basement and not store it their all summer.

Still have 12 inches of standing snow in the yard.. supposed to get another inch of white dirt tonight.. It's going to be august before i see lawn at this rate.. :msp_mellow:

Were finally seeing a solid warm up here in Northwest Ohio but I'll likely keep the OWB going for another month. Just need it to take the chill off in the mornings and evenings in the shop.

Overnight temps around here have finally gotten above freezing. We're still burning at night and into the mornings but the daytime temps are finally becoming more spring-like. It's about darn time. :)

The red maples started blooming two weeks ago and stopped. Normally, the blooms would be gone by now. Next week is supposed to be in the upper 60s, night temps in the upper 40s. Looks like the end of the burning season is near.

It will be another solid month for me. Temps still not getting out of the 30F to 40F range for the foreseeable future. I can recall my parents burning into early June:msp_scared: when I lived with them a few years ago. Don't have the wood for that this year, cold fall, cold winter, and so far cold spring. 7.5 cord down only 1 cord seasoned left, come on warm weather!

I've been keeping a fire going, but very slow burn. Draft shut and one or two pieces, except at nite I stoke it up. It got to upper 40's here today and I've been burning every brush pile in sight, splitting and hauling everything I have cut, even rolled the yard last weekend. We need rain bad, but I am liking getting so much done before it gets here.

i have not burned any for 3 weeks and already cut my yard twice :msp_thumbup:

Back