Todays haul Dump trailer and wood pile pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the loaded dump trailers. You'll also see the super splitter getting ready to work. The high black trailer has 5 ranks on it. The low black has 4 ranks on it and the green has 5 ranks on it. Also 5 cord of wood total. We brought this in today. We quit around 1:30pm. Temp was getting into the low 90's. I have a small elevator that I need to get going just haven't found the time.

Scott

Nice. Great looking piles in the background in one of the shots.

I have 6ish cords slit and stacked, so we're ready for this winter. But seeing these pics makes me want to get a fresh shot of rounds to get splitting for 2009-10.

Here are some pics of the loaded dump trailers. You'll also see the super splitter getting ready to work. The high black trailer has 5 ranks on it. The low black has 4 ranks on it and the green has 5 ranks on it. Also 5 cord of wood total. We brought this in today. We quit around 1:30pm. Temp was getting into the low 90's. I have a small elevator that I need to get going just haven't found the time.

Scott

hows that super split work for you? I never heard of em before untill i saw one on youtube :jawdrop:

Sweet pics and nice pile of split wood! :cheers:

I notice that one of the dump trailers says "Rent Me." Are we to take that to mean that you rented those trailers and therefore we have no real reason to be filled with envy since you don't really own that many dump trailers? :monkey:

Either way, great pics - thanks for posting those up! :cheers:

No they are all owned not rented. The one that says rent me was used as a rental unit before we got it. I just haven't taken that off of it yet. We don;t use that one much. It sits to high. We usually use it for grain and hauling trash. The high sides are nice for sonstruction debris. The green one gets used the most. I like having a lot of trailers (7 total) but that is a lot of property tax and it seems that something always needs to be licenced.

Scott

hows that super split work for you? I never heard of em before untill i saw one on youtube :jawdrop:

I love it. It is fast and gets the job done. It's light weight one person can push it around. It will split 2 plus cord of wood on one tank of gas. I think for the money it's the best splitter you can get.

Scott

No they are all owned not rented. The one that says rent me was used as a rental unit before we got it. I just haven't taken that off of it yet. We don;t use that one much. It sits to high. We usually use it for grain and hauling trash. The high sides are nice for sonstruction debris. The green one gets used the most. I like having a lot of trailers (7 total) but that is a lot of property tax and it seems that something always needs to be licenced.

Scott

(quickly hangs up phone) :(

So you like the lower one the best? I thought the higher one would dump better because it is off the ground higher.

Anyway thanks for the pics.

(quickly hangs up phone) :(

So you like the lower one the best? I thought the higher one would dump better because it is off the ground higher.

Anyway thanks for the pics.

Ya for everyday use I like the lower best. The higher does dump a more compact pile like you mentioned. But it's also a lot harder to load. It's around 6ft tall. Try throwing blocks over the side. Also if you are haulng heavy it might weave a little if it's not loaded real even. The other down side is mpg. The Dodge diesel will almost 2mpg over the lower trailer because of the wind drag. It is easier to back into the bar with the narrow axles. And easier to fit in a gate. If you do construction it's nice because it can fit in tighter areas. The choice all between trailers all depends on what you use is.

Scott

Nice looking wood Scott,

I wish I had one trailer! Need to start thinking about that. Make each trip a little more effecient. :cheers:

Very NIce, :clap: :clap: dump trailers are sooo nice to work with. Am fortunate enough to use one on occasion, it's full of 24" oak rounds at the moment 6-1/2 x 12x 4deep, box over axles, push a button and it all comes tumbling out, back to the woods for another load.
STL is right though, the lower sides are much easier to work with if you are loading manually, but box/axle will fit wherever your truck fits, just watch the turns at speed, little top heavy.

Very NIce, :clap: :clap: dump trailers are sooo nice to work with. Am fortunate enough to use one on occasion, it's full of 24" oak rounds at the moment 6-1/2 x 12x 4deep, box over axles, push a button and it all comes tumbling out, back to the woods for another load.
STL is right though, the lower sides are much easier to work with if you are loading manually, but box/axle will fit wherever your truck fits, just watch the turns at speed, little top heavy.

Could you (or anybody that owns a dump trailer where the box sits between the wheels) tell me the height dimension from the ground to the floor of the dump box.

Kevin

Well, using Bri-Mar as an example, the deck height is 26", so add 18" for sides, and you have 44".

One thing to note about decks between wheels, the loader will hit the fenders, and objects can/will fall on the fenders.

With a deck over wheels configuration, the loader can get closer to the trailer.

An item, if the battery for the lift fails, and you don't have a means to jump it, or get access to the battery with the box down, it means unloading manually or finding another solution. An unfavorable situation at the end of a hot, hard day.
An item, know the pinout if you forget the pendant(control), so you can still operate the dump.

Latest posts

Back