Today's Job...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a couple of videos. The first one isn't anything fancy and likely to be quite boring for some. It's basically just me walking along under the trees explaining what I planned on doing with each tree.
It also pays to note that things didn't go to plan. The bifurcated tree at 1:50 of the first video was meant to be easy. What I failed to do however with the right hand trunk was follow through with my backcut. This meant that half of the tree fell slowly, too slow, and got hung up. If I'd have hung in there and kept cutting it would have built up enough speed to push through and hit the deck. This one stuff up meant my whole felling plan had to change.
In the second video you can just see the hangup second tree from the right. You can also see the big interlaced limb from the first video snap off and swing from the tree it was stuck in.
As many of you would be able to tell I also got a bit excited with the depth guages on the chain I was using, meaning the poor Dolmar was making far harder work of it than it should have been :)

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qGSi3dKneN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The noise these trees made when they fell was extremely loud. It sounded great :) Unless you're a greenie, then it was the sound of murder...

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c52ee024QTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: Wayne what the hell are you doing still up at 1:10am? I just got back from a wedding so have an excuse ;)

Last edited:
Code:
EDIT: Wayne what the hell are you doing still up at 1:10am? I just got back from a wedding so have an excuse

Matt, like you said it's a long weekend :rock:

Do you like my new Stihl ?

PICT0012Medium-2.jpg

The only thing it's missing is compression :laugh:

No I don't. Can I touch it one day?

Wayne, compression is a highly overrated part of the internal combustion engine. Please stop making excuses as to why your Stihl won't start...

No I don't. Can I touch it one day?

Wayne, compression is a highly overrated part of the internal combustion engine. Please stop making excuses as to why your Stihl won't start...

Compression might be overrated but it sure helps, new caber rings are on the way from Greece, the old beast should be running next week :chainsaw:

Compression might be overrated but it sure helps, new caber rings are on the way from Greece, the old beast should be running next week :chainsaw:

So what is it? An older 200T prototype? It also looks as if you only have to wear an earmuff on your right ear.

MCW, I found this thread late I guess, but very interesting. Impressive too. Thats some real good production man! Nice vide'os, nice stuff! Norm.................

Code:
EDIT: Wayne what the hell are you doing still up at 1:10am? I just got back from a wedding so have an excuse

PICT0012Medium-2.jpg

There's a really nice 08S on one of the neighbouring farms here Wayne.
All complete including badging.

Bought new by the family in about '72 they think and still gets used regularly.

You're welcome! I would've sent a present but I didn't know what was appropriate for such a holiday.

Speaking of which, you guys sure have a lot of holidays! :hmm3grin2orange:

Gmax you got any spares for the 08s

I have a mate that uses a 08's nice.

It is a nice saw does not rev a lot but it does cut well.

His has some silver duct tape for the hole ..... in the top of the ........ cover ......... for the....... um......pull start... I think

Latest posts

Back