Today's Loggin' pics in the ice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wrap a tie down strap around the trunk, hold on tight and ride it down Slim Pickins style!

and when it rolls on the way down??? like i said i wouldn't tell ANYONE to do that....but i've had to do it when there wasn't any other options.

wow...2 pages and the ppe nazis or the stump judges haven't showed up yet!!! i'm impressed!!:cheers:

Last edited:
wow...2 pages and the ppe nazis or the stump judges haven't showed up yet!!! i'm impressed!!:cheers:

The stumps look fine and the PPE nazis usually direct attention to the 'which saw should I buy' crowd. It would be like arguing religion or politics to try to tell a pro what PPE to wear. :)

I forgot to mention, nice pics! And thanks for sharing. Down here, its a rare day when we get to cut wood with snow on the ground.

Nice pic's must be nice only to have that little snow i'm wadeing to my wasit right now in snow.

tell her thanks for the pics!

your work is very impressive.

:clap:

loggin'

Nice pics SI! That sugar is one limby SOB!!! The oak looks pretty good though. Nice job.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

SI, how many hours you got on the 660 now?:greenchainsaw:

The stumps look fine and the PPE nazis usually direct attention to the 'which saw should I buy' crowd. It would be like arguing religion or politics to try to tell a pro what PPE to wear. :)

They are really good pics..

And I understand he is a pro and knows what he is doing and what he is comfortable wearing or not wearing, but not wearing at LEAST eye protection to go with the hardhat is asking for trouble. IMHO

again, great pics.

Last edited:
SI, how many hours you got on the 660 now?:greenchainsaw:

not sure as to how many hours...i'd say a couple 100, i'm thinking it has prolly cut somewhere around 600,000 bdft since June 1, that is a very rough guess..it has been a great saw for me

They are really good pics..

And I understand he is a pro and knows what he is doing and what he is comfortable wearing or not wearing, but not wearing at LEAST eye protection to go with the hardhat is asking for trouble. IMHO

again, great pics.

I'm not gonna lie....i need to be wearing glasses...and chaps for that matter.. but i can't find any that won't fog up...ive tried regular safety glasses, sun glasses, and i've tried treating them with anti-fog...i used to use the wire screen on my husky helmet but the sun would glare off of it...and as for the chaps i'm gonna buy some jeans from madsens that have snap in safety pads...maybe i'm just too picky!!

i used to use the wire screen on my husky helmet but the sun would glare off of it...and as for the chaps i'm gonna buy some jeans from madsens that have snap in safety pads...maybe i'm just too picky!!

Thats interesting, I am currently in the market for a wire face shield to go with my hardhat. The wire screen, was it one of the black ones? I did not realize you could get a glare off of them, that could be a pain.

Thats interesting, I am currently in the market for a wire face shield to go with my hardhat. The wire screen, was it one of the black ones? I did not realize you could get a glare off of them, that could be a pain.

it was worst at mid afternoon or mid morning when the sund was halfway up...when you look down to cut the notch...the sun would glare a bit off of the black screen...hard to see through it...it was nice tho...kept the chips and such away..and i've had it chop some pretty good sized limbs(my screen is bent) i've got a scar on my left nostril from the saw picking up something and throwing it back into my face

and to be honest unless you were wearing it everyday it would be fine, and to most people they prolly are..and i ran them for a long time...i just didn't like the glare occurances

it was worst at mid afternoon or mid morning when the sund was halfway up...when you look down to cut the notch...the sun would glare a bit off of the black screen...hard to see through it...it was nice tho...kept the chips and such away..and i've had it chop some pretty good sized limbs(my screen is bent) i've got a scar on my left nostril from the saw picking up something and throwing it back into my face

and to be honest unless you were wearing it everyday it would be fine, and to most people they prolly are..and i ran them for a long time...i just didn't like the glare occurances

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

loggin

I have a stihl forestry helmet with the screen, and I've never got a glare off the screen. Works really good for me, my screen is also slightly bent,lol! I was figureing a hunderd or 2 on the 660. Judging by bdft'ige and the condition of bar and saw. I got to get my 660 soon.:greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:

I have a stihl forestry helmet with the screen, and I've never got a glare off the screen. Works really good for me, my screen is also slightly bent,lol! I was figureing a hunderd or 2 on the 660. Judging by bdft'ige and the condition of bar and saw. I got to get my 660 soon.:greenchainsaw: :clap: :) :cheers:

o..that isn't the original bar on that saw...ive still got the original...it is well worn now..my cannon should be back any time from getting hammered( i sent it to chainbar-i bent it) and it is gonna go on the saw

Great pics, thanks for having us along, helps ease the winter blues while the saws sit on the shelf for a few more weeks.
I have a screen on my helmet, and am going to give it a shot of flat black spray paint, to see what that does for the glare.

does anybody know of anti-fog glasses or a treatment that can be used? i'm planning on getting me a skullbucket and using earplugs

Good thread IL. Nice pics, GF did well.

I have the same difficulty with my safety glasses fogging up, especially days like today, 30ish, freezing rain............sucks.:censored: I bought a pair at HD, wrap-round, biker looking that seem to work well. I coat them with anti-fog stuff maybe once a month, seems to work decent(see if I can find the stuff for ya), but nothing seems to work on a day like today. I've tried RainX too with decent results. I have helmets with the screen shield as well and like them for limited use, but I feel a little closed in after awhile. For me on a typical cutting day I wear the helmet(with full system), ear muffs on and safety glasses, using the face shield intermitently.

BTW, I think you'd do fine out west. You'd need a little time to get used to the steeps and longer sticks is all.:cheers:

i think the bucking on the go and learning the way of grading out the species out west would be the biggest thing to get used to

btw..this is the original bar that was on my 660...its now on my 066BB.. i replaced the oregon tip(after it blew out) i'm using a Cannon tip now...by far the best tips that ive used..way better than the oregon ones..the metal is better and the sprocket lasts longer
chainsawbar.jpg

002jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back