Tomahawk Targets

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iowa_jim

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's a better location for this, so I'll go for it here. What is the best target for tomahawk throwing? I'm thinking either a 6" thick round targeting the end grain, or maybe a 4-6" slab, targeting the face.

I'm not sure if there's a better location for this, so I'll go for it here. What is the best target for tomahawk throwing? I'm thinking either a 6" thick round targeting the end grain, or maybe a 4-6" slab, targeting the face.
All I had in the size range was Maple and it’s been working fine for several years.

I set up axe throw competitions for a few years and found pine log rounds best as allow easy axe stick and remove plus light nuff to lift. Its the frame to hold target that need thought, I ended with this tri post system as allowed me to transport and set up easy and kept target secure and well presented to thrower

13217111_494526860738076_5794232582146671340_o (1).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2326.jpg

Thanks, everyone! A 6" thick round it is. Looks like I need to plan ahead for the stand as well.

Back