Too Nice Not To Share

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I gather it came from southern Alberta,,, maybe it was used to cut wheat!!! LOL
Story is the local Stihl dealer would not repair it, not sure why. Going to give it a carb kit today.
Same dealer I had a work saw repaired and it came back with the chain on backwards, I dont go there for anything!!
Not even bad advice!!!
BBB

so the saw shop that put your chain on backwards said they wouldn't fix this saw. Then the previous owner gave it to you. How did he get your info... maybe that crappy shop gave it out? They probably told him it was to old to bother with.

The shop near me does the same thing, if it's old, call Randy.... he'll take anything. Lucky me.....

Lucky you!

The original donor is a friends co worker, I guess it was the original donors Dads saw.
The original donor and the co worker aren't inclined to fix stuff, and neither needs a saw, they are city folks.
They burn gas!!!
BBB

Nice saw. I haven't even found anything for sale in that nice of condition around here, never mind gifted. But then I am one of those city people that burns gas...

Well disassembled it and found the impulse line was broke in two places.
Went to my small town dealer and they had a good used one.
Also had a new stop spring.
On the way home noticed Ashpludh had been trimming for DOH.
So came home got the trailer and ended up with a cord of dry fir in less than 2 hours.
Used the 353 until I rocked the chain, out with the 2071 18 inch bar new chain,, WOW
So its too nice out to put the 028 back together.
Off to the beach (75yds) with Millers a good book and the good woman!!
BBB

Latest posts

Back