Ugh - broken discontinued throttle lever

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boodog

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi. I am looking for a discontinued throttle lever or tips on how to fix a broken one.
The saw is a Sthil 015-AVThrottleLever.jpg
The carb is Walbro HCD-17
I think the throttle lever part number is WLB-18-170.
See pic of the broken one. It broke between the tab the idle screw hits and where the lever attaches to the carb. You can see the crack in the pic.
I have looked for one for a couple weeks now and am coming up empty.
Any ideas on where I can get one or tips on how to fix or get around this one would be appreciated.
Thanks
Vince
(PS if on the very off chance someone has the dimensions/measurements of the throttle lever that would be useful too, if so I can try getting a 3d print of it)

Thanks guys.
Yes it is part #30 on the diagram. I have only been able to find it listed as no longer available, or not even listed, on part lists.
A spare one someone has and can part with would be fantastic!
I thought of welding it but my welding skills and equipment don't translate to something that small.
I will keep a lookout for spared-out homelite saws that have the same carb, maybe I will get lucky.

Thanks guys.
Yes it is part #30 on the diagram. I have only been able to find it listed as no longer available, or not even listed, on part lists.
I thought of welding it but my welding skills and equipment don't translate to something that small.
I will keep a lookout for spared-out homelite saws that have the same carb, maybe I will get lucky.
I have silver soldered parts like that or even bronze rod brazed pieces that small and they held very well. There should be plenty of those old carbs laying unused in someones collection.

Thanks guys.

If you can't find used, and there should be plenty out there.........I'd use an oxy/acet torch and braze it. Then shape off excess brass with files.

Latest posts

Back