Too warm out to make a fire..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdchuck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The last couple days were so nice and warm, sunny, that it just didn't seem necessary to make a fire. Yesterday it was 69* in the house with the doors and windows open, go figure, one mosquito came in though with the warm breeze.

It was pretty squishy to the various extranious wood piles though, used up the planned pile prematurely, so into the woods for the little stacks between the trees.

When April comes around, the woodburner gets cleaned up, chimney swept and we just use the LP furnace to keep the chill off, the sun does a great job coming through all the south facing windows, passive solar is a good thing.

Sure is nice to go out to the owb and open the door to find it is still half full from 5pm the prior day. 40-50 degree range, once a day if that much.

same here, i wanna be out cuttin and splittin but it is just far too wet. It's a fix up and clean up day for sure.... probly a fix up/clean up month...

The last couple days were so nice and warm, sunny, that it just didn't seem necessary to make a fire. Yesterday it was 69* in the house with the doors and windows open, go figure, one mosquito came in though with the warm breeze.

It was pretty squishy to the various extranious wood piles though, used up the planned pile prematurely, so into the woods for the little stacks between the trees.

When April comes around, the woodburner gets cleaned up, chimney swept and we just use the LP furnace to keep the chill off, the sun does a great job coming through all the south facing windows, passive solar is a good thing.

Same thing up here wdchuck. The ground is still froze so there are puddles all over. But the house is warm so we let the fire go out. I did some cutting the last few days just to get the saws in shape for spring cutting. Lots of wet snow left in the woods though. The ice on the mill pond went from 12" down to 5" over the past week.

Sure is nice to go out to the owb and open the door to find it is still half full from 5pm the prior day. 40-50 degree range, once a day if that much.

And no need to worry about getting cooked out of the house by the woodstove. Just dial down the thermostat.

Sure...it's +10F here this morning,with a 90% chance of snow.A predicted high of +25F and a low tonight of +2F...still burning wood here in the great not as white as it was a week ago north.

it is nice, and a big change after the frigid weather we have been having. Out of habit I checked the boiler around 9 am, thru on 2 logs, at 7 pm thru on only 1 more as the 2 I put on in the morning were still there.

Back