Took Forever, but I finally broke 100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice saw Mike. I have had one exactly the same for the past 13 years. It has never let me down and always starts, runs and cuts as it should. These days I have to search for excuses to use it as I find its weight a little more than comfortable.
I have always run her on high octane fuel, kept the three filters clean and never had the slightest problem. Soon, my son will take her over, (when he gets sick of that 066 tart) and I will feel no guilt running my 460.
Al.

Nice saw, should serve you well. :cheers:

Way to go Mike! Looks like a nice saw:clap:

Check your tank vent. If it has the old style grub screws, get rid of them. You'll probably have to install one of the umbrella style valves inside the tank. I believe that's what caused me to loose the topend on my lastest one.

Is that something you picked up at the local Stihl dealer? Mine does leak some fuel from time to time. JJuday

I ran this saw last night and it is by far the baddest machine that i have ever ran. I was really impressed by the saws raw power torque and speed. As usual Mopar gave this Stihl enough TLC to bring it back from the dead and it is alive and well trust me.

It isn't as pretty as Brad's, Erick's, or Andre's and DEFINITELY won't run with them;)

But it's MY ugly kid and I love it just the same!LOL

You should be proud of that saw. There's a satisfaction that goes along with saving up for things that can't be replaced. One thing's for sure, we won't be seeing pictures of that saw blown to smithereens. :)

I ran this saw last night and it is by far the baddest machine that i have ever ran. I was really impressed by the saws raw power torque and speed. As usual Mopar gave this Stihl enough TLC to bring it back from the dead and it is alive and well trust me.

You should be proud of that saw. There's a satisfaction that goes along with saving up for things that can't be replaced. One thing's for sure, we won't be seeing pictures of that saw blown to smithereens. :)

Thanks for the kind words guys!!!

It runs pretty good for one of my old junks.

Rex,
I hope the last time that saw exploded was the last time it will ever explode!
I need to post a pic of the piston that came out of it.
It isn't quite as bad as the one Brad posted last night, but it was bad enough!
And yes, I'm pretty proud when I think of what it was when I started and look at what it is now.

Mike

Back