Top 10 Mark-up List

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frans

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone know of excessive markups on certain products?

I can think of one right away.
Bandit sells the Acu-Sharp + a pair of dinky gloves for over $25.00 bucks.
Sherrills sells it for (I think) the same amount just for the sharpener.
the Acu-Sharp sells at my hardware store for $9.50!

Any others you can think of?
Jump right in

When that touch-up/sharpener first came out a few years back it was $49.95 from Bandit!

$80.00 for "Arborist Equipment" by Don Blair. I bought it anyway, but I think its overpriced.

NAA membership fees.

Anything sold by NAA.

Bottled water.

Well, there is something you can do about those NAA Membership dues....We have a NAA Membership Benefits Program for online orders. If you're a member, you can click on a box on the order page, and we send NAA 5% of the subtotal. They put half of that (2.5%) towards your membership dues, and the other half towards educational programs. There's more details available on our website, or you can email any questions. Thanks.

-Sean

top 10

GASOLINE! The price of gas in my area fluctuates each day as much as 9 cents/gal.This occures regardless of delievery of new fuel.The value of the same fuel in the underground tank changes day to day.You would think the retail price would reflect thier purchase price plus all the taxes?I think they are "sticking it to us" just because they can.But hey, what can you do?we have to have it.Play Safe.Mikey

Mikey, The Government 'makes' the biggest percentage on gas. Next is the middle man. The haulers and refiners pretty much make the same % of profit all the time ( I'm speaking in broad generalities). The retailer makes a few cents per gallon. If your prices are moving back and forth several cents it is entirely possible that some of that fuel is being sold at a loss by the retailer. Crazy business. I hate my fuel bills too but I have to admit that relatively speaking gas is cheaper now than when my grandfather was buying it for 19 cents per gallon.:rolleyes:

That brings up an interesting question,
What do your Fuel bills run a month? Mine last month Considering its just me and my wife Running Trucks Tractors, Chippers Ect was 595.00 Which i thought wasnt too terribly bad.

Back