Top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put a biner on the clip on the lanyard so you can clip it close

I'm gonna do it starting this Thurs -- have an 13 tree job in and around a metal-roof barn and two propane tanks: three removals, three prune, 5 storm damage prune with spikes (deferred removal). I am going to put in two half days (first and last day) with my crew (climber, two groundies, sub with lift) if we are going to get it done in 3, 8 hr days with 1.5 hrs, RT travel each day Almost everything rigged and lowered. OK, I am probably going to end up paying my crew for 9 hr days, and I am going the day before to set up a pick up load of cribbing to protect the tanks (off budget...:bang:)

It takes me a long to change habits--- I injured my rotator cuff "assemby" -- by climbing on a Blakes hitch for 20 hrs over three days topping a big pine (getting most of the big limbs stuck because I was too stubborn to use a tag line) and then hauling a 40 lb back-pack sprayer (twice) to treat the tree for bark beetle.

I also talk too much -- but somehow, I manage to sell some big jobs to clients :biggrin:

I am getting better at under-bidding -- the above sounds bad, but is a great improvement over some jobs I finally emerged from :msp_thumbsup:

I'm gonna do it starting this Thurs -- have an 13 tree job in and around a metal-roof barn and two propane tanks: three removals, three prune, 5 storm damage prune with spikes (deferred removal). I am going to put in two half days (first and last day) with my crew (climber, two groundies, sub with lift) if we are going to get it done in 3, 8 hr days with 1.5 hrs, RT travel each day Almost everything rigged and lowered. OK, I am probably going to end up paying my crew for 9 hr days, and I am going the day before to set up a pick up load of cribbing to protect the tanks (off budget...:bang:)

It takes me a long to change habits--- I injured my rotator cuff "assemby" -- by climbing on a Blakes hitch for 20 hrs over three days topping a big pine (getting most of the big limbs stuck because I was too stubborn to use a tag line) and then hauling a 40 lb back-pack sprayer (twice) to treat the tree for bark beetle.

I also talk too much -- but somehow, I manage to sell some big jobs to clients :biggrin:

I am getting better at under-bidding -- the above sounds bad, but is a great improvement over some jobs I finally emerged from :msp_thumbsup:

I got the idea from here i've been using it for about a month and a half since mine broke, it works great.

Chainsaw Lanyard - Custom Setup - YouTube

Last edited:
When I had my 192 if I would have been by any body of water I was going to see if could swim I'm glad I'm not the owner of that saw anymore

I know how you feel, my Echo top handle has taken more then one air born trip across grass! Now my old 015L is doing all the little stuff again.

Latest posts

Back