Total Bar Group Buy until Monday the 24th!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While cleaning up my saws today I was checking the bars that were on my saws currently and noticed the rails on my 20 stihl bar on the 361 were spread it a bit and the chain had more play than the new total bar. So I hung the stihl bar up as a back up bar and mounted the new total bar up and she looks purty. Thinking I should of bought 2 20s now. O well next time.

The oil holes on these bars are pretty big compared to the sugi hara and stihl bars I have. If the problem is clogging I don't think a bigger hole is going to help with that, the bigger hole will get clogged just as well. You might try keeping the chain tighter to prevent particles from sneeking past the rails.

Carbide bit on a dremel should be hard enough to ream the holes if you want to give that a go. Let us know what works, or doesn't work.

I would try doing one side first to see if it helps, keeping the other side stock for normal wood.

Got some pretty things in the mail today.

4aquhajy.jpg

The packing was fantastic Randy, I'm very happy. Bastards at customs nailed me for $24 but that's a crap shoot anytime.

I'm getting a couple more next time methinks. Too bad its too hot to cut some wood.

mad I missed this!!!! I usually spend my time on the firewood forum and skip the chainsaw section.

I'm not too sure about that. He does have something written above his avatar about aftermarket jugs. I'm not a big aftermarket jug fan.

Its winter in Oz, right?

I think your head froze.

Yeah, but for Matt - winter means the daytime max is under 20 oC at times..... -- a hot day would be 40+ C..... try that for size :msp_biggrin:

We've had -11°C where I am and it hit -5°C the other week. You guys in Tasmania don't have all the fun you know :)

You're right about the daytime max. We're lucky to get down under 10°C.

Hot days are great though, 48°C last summer on one day.

48 C???? Good lord. It was 34 here yesterday and that was too much.

But -11 ? Pffffffttttt. I walk the dog barefoot at -11. Windchill routinely gets into the -40's here.

48 C???? Good lord. It was 34 here yesterday and that was too much.

But -11 ? Pffffffttttt. I walk the dog barefoot at -11. Windchill routinely gets into the -40's here.

Can't beat you on the chilly bit old son.

Latest posts

Back