Total Saw Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is better than carlton chain. Kinda like oregon, but not as tough as stihl chain. Don't have a lot of experience with it, but overall a decent chain.

This is all I use. I have found it stays sharper longer that factory (husky) chain. And for about $20 for a loop for a 20 inch bar. What the heck!

Do you know if there is a web site for total saw chain? Were could i find some?
Thanks, Rob

Is it actually Windsor chain rebadged. I think that is what Lazer is. It seems like very good chain. There are not many original producers of chain left in business.

Freakingstang said:
It is better than carlton chain. Kinda like oregon, but not as tough as stihl chain. Don't have a lot of experience with it, but overall a decent chain.

It is actually harder then Stihl chain which is one reason why some loggers in my area don't like it was much as the Stihl chain it's real hard to file because of it's hardness... It does hold up better then the Stihl chain from what I've seen.

Freakingstang said:

If I'm not mistaken... Carlton and Oregon are one in the same. I go to Carlton Saw chain near Milwuakee Oregon all the time and I got the impression they made Oregon chain or they are the same company.

edritchey said:
It is actually harder then Stihl chain which is one reason why some loggers in my area don't like it was much as the Stihl chain it's real hard to file because of it's hardness... It does hold up better then the Stihl chain from what I've seen.

Maybe I have the soft versions on my smaller saws, They are at least twice as easy to sharpen than the stihl. I haven't found a chain that is as durable/hard/stay sharper longer/and minimal troubles with a hand file than the stihl chain.

Freakingstang said:
Maybe I have the soft versions on my smaller saws, They are at least twice as easy to sharpen than the stihl. I haven't found a chain that is as durable/hard/stay sharper longer/and minimal troubles with a hand file than the stihl chain.

What ever works best for you my friend... I stock several different manufacturers’ chain types here and sell more of the Total brand chain then the others in this area. Here in the Blue mountains of PA they seem to like the Total chain a little better I move over 100 loops per week of the Total semi-chisel alone. I started the thread to see if others like it as much as the loggers in this area.;)

Back