tracked loader vs skid loader vs compact tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a NQR with a diesel engine. I love the cab over, and love the platform for the mini. But I do miss the 4x4 and the power of my old F450. If I had to do it over again, I would have went with a bigger engine...I think even the NRR has the same engine as a NPR. I had seen a few with bigger engines, more horsepower, but they are hard to find. The NRR would handle the the weight better, suspension wise. I dont think I am over weight with the NQR, never got it weighed. But I know the constant weight of mini etc is hard on the front shocks, I used to bounce...now we get jarred.

The truck I wish I would have went with is the cab over gmc t7500, or something similar to it. Not sure I would have fit in my garage then.

All in all, I am happy with the truck and I am not looking to get rid of it anytime soon.

Yeah they are not powerhouses for sure but they get it done. Mine is a 175 HP, newer ones have a little more power probably not too much different. Have any pictures of the chip dump on it? Who made the body?
I wasn't trying to buy it from you , haha. But.....if you're ever thinking about selling..... I've been watching for used ones but will probably go new, just not sure I want to buy a used one not knowing the history.

Yeah they are not powerhouses for sure but they get it done. Mine is a 175 HP, newer ones have a little more power probably not too much different. Have any pictures of the chip dump on it? Who made the body?
I wasn't trying to buy it from you , haha. But.....if you're ever thinking about selling..... I've been watching for used ones but will probably go new, just not sure I want to buy a used one not knowing the history.

888189_10151526414371508_1945749034_o.jpg

The dump part is from 2 trucks ago, I keep moving it from truck to truck (an old abortech that my former boss got new). This will be the last truck it will be on, thinking of replacing the dump (with aluminum, i think). I had the platform, and plywood box custom made...eventually I will get bi-fold ramps welded on both sides of the platform.

Wasnt looking to sell, or saying you were buying. Was just saying I am happy with what I got, even though Id probably do it differently if I could.

Have you ran a s650tx? If so does the 800 have alot more power and whats the difference? Maybe next year I might trade or sell my 650 and step up to the 800.
I have not run a s650, but the s800 is a very capable machine. Here is a 22' 14"er.

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 94
Looks like I'm probably going to go with a john deere 320D or 320E skid. I really like my JD dealer here. Going with the full heat/ac cab option. Good advice from you guys about laying down plywood in the turn zone of the skid!

Can't go wrong with that. Best $ I ever spent was to buy the skid loader to load logs off the job site. If needed, grass can be replaced much easier than my back. I think a 320 is similar in size to the 773. You will find so many other jobs to do with it too.......

I looked at tractors too, the toys they call tractors these days are just big lawn mowers. Too light for any real work.

Good luck with your purchase.

Can't go wrong with that. Best $ I ever spent was to buy the skid loader to load logs off the job site. If needed, grass can be replaced much easier than my back. I think a 320 is similar in size to the 773. You will find so many other jobs to do with it too.......

I looked at tractors too, the toys they call tractors these days are just big lawn mowers. Too light for any real work.

Good luck with your purchase.

Cool man, that's good encouragement right there :) Ya, I'm really excited, the dealer is in the process of finding me one right now with my specifications. 0% financing for 48 months, and I will be able to swing the monthly payments.

888189_10151526414371508_1945749034_o.jpg

The dump part is from 2 trucks ago, I keep moving it from truck to truck (an old abortech that my former boss got new). This will be the last truck it will be on, thinking of replacing the dump (with aluminum, i think). I had the platform, and plywood box custom made...eventually I will get bi-fold ramps welded on both sides of the platform.

Wasnt looking to sell, or saying you were buying. Was just saying I am happy with what I got, even though Id probably do it differently if I could.

Looks like it fits that truck pretty well. I thought those bodies would be too wide to work on the Izusus, maybe it's because that's the shorter box it's narrower?. Nice set up.

Looks like it fits that truck pretty well. I thought those bodies would be too wide to work on the Izusus, maybe it's because that's the shorter box it's narrower?. Nice set up.

Umm, why would it be to wide? You got me concerned now...I just had it switched at a local shop. The box is only 8' wide and 9' long...so less then some box trucks. But it does extend past the side walls of the tires by maybe around 6" on each side. I've wondered if there was a way I could widen the axle some.

No real reason, just from looking at different truck bodies I thought most chip bodies are pretty wide. These just seem to have a more narrow frame than Fords/Chevys etc. I'll have to measure my dump body and see, I don't think it's quite 8ft. wide overall. I had it built when I bought the truck a long time ago.

what did you steal that from the local coal mine?

LOL, No a customer bought 2 of em & his wife wasnt happy so he sold it to me, I was contracted to dig a basement under a house which had none, I took off the ROPs & what a job that was!!!! money was great & the work I have gotten since is nice, itll do alot more than what it looks like it could & hey im making money & having fun.

LXT

6500lb log.........thats a lil over the 50% tip point uh?, Nice machine! I couldnt get that into any of the jobs I do though, be nice on some of the clear cut work but thats rare, much nicer than having to cut n load a log that big, you need a tri axle to haul the wood out from that job if thats just one log?

LXT..

I use a swinger loader 2000 and it works great. I know it's not on your list but consider looking into articulating loaders if you have not already. Size does not seem to be a big concern considering what your looking for and they lift high with next to zero yard damage. Your work environment will really dictate the best choice from your list.

Cory is right with the articulating loader. They reign supreme for tree work. No turf damage and great lifting capacity. The Bobcat A770 is the cadillac. The effortless joystick control allows you to pick up a car and race around the yard with it while you sip lemonade from the cup holder and enjoy the cold A/C blasting in your face listening to your ipod.

.....The Bobcat A770 is the cadillac. The effortless joystick control allows you to pick up a car and race around the yard with it while you sip lemonade from the cup holder and enjoy the cold A/C blasting in your face listening to your ipod.
Sounds like a sweet machine. I looked it up...looks like you make a good comparison, it fits right in.....about half of the Cadillac models can be had for less than an A770. Ouch.

I had a Bobcat T250, was doing a back yard reno, was way down, probably 150yds from the road,I spun hard to run a load up and hooked some old stump that was hidden under the thatch. It had this perfect little lip on it and I popped the track right off. Man oh man! Trying to do that on a slope, in mud, was no fun. Popped the bleeder to release the pressure and got hit in the face with grease. Then trying to get the thing up high enough to get it back on.......... I switched to back to wheels. I do miss the capabilities of a track machine.

I got a gopro last night, so I thought it only fitting to have the first video being of the mini...definitely one of the best purchases I've made. Saves the body, and saves a lot of work.

Just a quick video showing it lifting a 889 lbs log...roughly

I got a gopro last night, so I thought it only fitting to have the first video being of the mini...definitely one of the best purchases I've made. Saves the body, and saves a lot of work.

Just a quick video showing it lifting a 889 lbs log...roughly

No sound?

Latest posts

Back