Tracked vs rubber tire stump grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If i had the money to blow on a machine like that I think i'd rather buy a bad ass chipper than waste it on a grinder. I know a chipper will make me a hell a lot more money than a stumpy. I hate grinding stumps, it never seems to have the return worth the time and money spent.
go ahead and INVEST your $ in a chipper, and know that the reason you hate grinding stumps is because you've been using inferior equipment..

I won't buy another grinder less than 90 hp... We've been blowing out stumps in north jersey, maybe 8 days total so far since Sandy.. that saved my arse this winter.. wouldn't have been worth the trouble 60 hp..

go ahead and INVEST your $ in a chipper, and know that the reason you hate grinding stumps is because you've been using inferior equipment..

I won't buy another grinder less than 90 hp... We've been blowing out stumps in north jersey, maybe 8 days total so far since Sandy.. that saved my arse this winter.. wouldn't have been worth the trouble 60 hp..

I must say it is alot more fun to do stumps with big machines. The little ones you need like a radio and a lawn chair because you know its gonna be a while.

Just got home 29 hours after i left to pick up the grinder. I am very pleased.

The guys down at Globel Equipment Exports are a great bunch of guys. The grinder was exactly as described, and Randy is very knowledgeable. When I buy my next piece of equipment from them, I know its gonna come as described, and I will just have them ship it to me. I would highly recommend dealing with them if you need any equipment.

attachment.php

Just call me MR. DOUCHEBAG, cause this is going in my custys yards. :hmm3grin2orange:

Looks to be in good shape. Might as well sell the Rayco now for sure your never gonna wanna touch something like that again after using that.

Well mine is 60 hp but it eats em up my best day was 127 stumps ranging from 50" to around 10" meaning mixed but most were around 24"' anyway what I'm saying is I would grind a few states away if project was large enough! Maybe its the fact mine is shaft drive but I ground ten stumps today in less than 1.5 hrs that 4 of them were 50" at ground level and my teeth were a bit dull at that!

Looks to be in good shape. Might as well sell the Rayco now for sure your never gonna wanna touch something like that again after using that.

I have been thinking about keeping it, for the real little stumps. Its paid off, so its not costing me anything. IDK what I am going to do.

I have been thinking about keeping it, for the real little stumps. Its paid off, so its not costing me anything. IDK what I am going to do.

Your on the right Trac now. You can always let it go later on if you never use it. We have a chipper in the shed that I know hasn't been used in over 3 years, but it's there if we need it.

I would hold on to it, You might need it to get into someones little backyard gate or something like that. The day after you sell it you will need it.

I already have a good chipper.

I guess you guys get a lot more stumps than me, the majority of stumps I do get are usually under 25". I need to fit in tight spaces too I've had to take the outer wheels off my stump a dozen times or more this year, I just can't see spending 50k on a stump grinder and expect to make some kind of big profit off it. Although I guess if I lived with my parents and didn't have a mortgage I could afford a 30k stump grinder. To each his own.

If that is the case then your better off with what you have.

2Tree, I saw your stump vid. All I can say is "Like a Wizard." The remote control looks smart on clients' properties. Now all you need is a blade to push over the pile you're leaving behind. :D

2Tree, I saw your stump vid. All I can say is "Like a Wizard." The remote control looks smart on clients' properties. Now all you need is a blade to push over the pile you're leaving behind. :D

It has a push blade on it. Wish it went down a little bit more, but i guess its not a dozer. I will most likely take my mini along on most stump jobs anyway.

Back