trade a husqvarna 340 for a 66

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bezza1

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
hay guys would you sawp a nice husqvarna 340 for a really nice husqvarna 66 ???
both saws run great

If not sooner!!!!!!

Bob, why are there so few 66's out there? Do they fit into the 61 family?

Not Bob...... but they do fit in the 61 family......if I'm not mistaken they are essentially the same as the non XP 268, using the Gilardoni open port cyl...but with the older 2 piece ign, and maybe the coarse thread crank/clutch too. Bob will straighten me out here in a bit , if I'm wrong....LOL!!!

it has a 20" bar in good nick near new chain not many scratches great comp i really like this saw

They were an open port 66cc saw that fits into the 61/266 family. The main difference is that they were built in the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia. This does not mean they are structurally different, only that by having them originate in Yugoslavia it allowed them to sell them into certain countries that would not otherwise allow them. Something with communist countries? Can't remember the specifics. Many of the 65/77 saws were built in the Tomos factory as well.

sorry for the late rely with the pics ive been working all weekend
here they are

definately a score!

that looks pretty low hour for useage! should be a real runner and handle a 24" bar nicely. anything less than that should be a screamer...after some modding:)

They were an open port 66cc saw that fits into the 61/266 family. The main difference is that they were built in the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia. This does not mean they are structurally different, only that by having them originate in Yugoslavia it allowed them to sell them into certain countries that would not otherwise allow them. Something with communist countries? Can't remember the specifics. Many of the 65/77 saws were built in the Tomos factory as well.

...and the late production 266xp as well.

I'm not sure all 66s were bade by TOMOS though (but some no doubt were). :msp_confused:

that looks pretty low hour for useage! should be a real runner and handle a 24" bar nicely. anything less than that should be a screamer...after some modding:)

ill keep the 20" it is big enough for our hardwood it just wont cut with anything bigger
it seems to be in very good condtion

If not sooner!!!!!!

Bob, why are there so few 66's out there? Do they fit into the 61 family?

The 66 is in the same family. Pretty much the same saw as a gray top 61, but with a different piston and cylinder. The 66 only had a short model run; about 3-4 years. It was replaced by the non-XP 268 which used the same exact top end.

I recently got a cosmetically nice but wiped gray top 61. Had a decent top end from a Jonny 630 Super laying around, so I guess I ended up with a 61 Super? :msp_tongue:

Question For Spike

Kind of off topic spike but wanted to ask you if there is a way to purchase a 560xp in the states, without paying some outlandish price? I've plinked around a bit but did not come up with much.

I live in Fairbanks AK by the way.

They are selling 555's in the wholesale tool store here now. 679 bucks as I recall, with 24 inch husky bar.

nspolar

Back