trailer full of wood...question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mga

wandering
Reaction score
how much wood, stacked only one chunk high in a 16 foot trailer? would it be more than a face cord?

I have so much damn wood from cutting trees that it will take me forever to split it all, so, I figured I'd try to sell a trailer "full" instead for a bargain price. if I figured right, it would be about 1.5 face cords and i'll list it for $125 bucks, delivered. these would be just the rounds...unsplit. (100% ash) they can do the splitting...lol

yes? no? bad idea?

How is that splitter holding up that you built on here?? I would think with that nice splitter you would just split it all and sell it.

how much wood, stacked only one chunk high in a 16 foot trailer? would it be more than a face cord?

I have so much damn wood from cutting trees that it will take me forever to split it all, so, I figured I'd try to sell a trailer "full" instead for a bargain price. if I figured right, it would be about 1.5 face cords and i'll list it for $125 bucks, delivered. these would be just the rounds...unsplit. (100% ash) they can do the splitting...lol

yes? no? bad idea?
Multiply length x width x height. 128 cu feet is a cord.

How is that splitter holding up that you built on here?? I would think with that nice splitter you would just split it all and sell it.

splitter works like a bear. never had any issues with it and it has split tons and tons of wood.

problem I have now is all my neighbors love it too!

I gotta measure it......brb

6.5 feet x 16 = 104 sq. ft

I think I should raise the price a little

I just have to move some wood.....took down another 20 tress the other day and at least 10 today. I'm still cutting trees up from a week ago and have many many more that have to come down.

ugh. never thought I'd say I have too much wood.

Whats the diameter of the rounds? 36 inch rounds will be well over a cord.

Probably not what you want to do, but you'll only have to do it once.

Load your trailer with rounds to whatever you are going to sell as a "load." Then split those rounds, stack and measure. Then you'll have a good estimate of what you can get on the trailer for pricing.

Probably not what you want to do, but you'll only have to do it once.

Load your trailer with rounds to whatever you are going to sell as a "load." Then split those rounds, stack and measure. Then you'll have a good estimate of what you can get on the trailer for pricing.

lol...damn, that's a lot of work. i'll figure some thing out, I just have to start getting rid of this wood.

Back