Trappers please help catch a #$@*(&% Groundhog

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as qiuck as you think of buying a used truci or car demand the bumper stickers are removed first.

I would lay money on the fact walking down the street you couldn't tell a liberal from any one else even a communist.

Told my brother in law on the last governor election when he said vote for the Repuke. I asked why I should consider doing that. He said so your taxes don't get raised. I said like the last Repuke that put a tax on my pension, Raised the taxes on my bee keeping income and gave his buddies who are screwing us with high insurance premiums a tax break.

:D Al

I could have sworn we were talking about ground hogs.

In some cases, I think we still are.

Father of a friend of mine had to get rid of a few groundhogs a couple of years ago. He thought he had 2. Ended up getting rid of 6. Shotgun did the trick, in this case, out in the country. I believe he did trap and dispatch a few of them also. Not sure what he used as bait.

Had a hog living under the shed this spring. Shot him with the AR. End of problem till another moves in 6 wks later. Missed him once as he was real skiddish. After the miss he was even worse. Couldn't even get outside without him running for cover. Finally got him end of august with have a hart trap using cabbage from the garden as bait. Disposed of him with20190822_185503.jpg the daughters pink crickett. He was not a happy fellar and tried to chew off the end of the barrel when I first stuck it in.

You guys like to make getting rid of ground hogs a lot of work. If I want to get rid of one, I just watch him run in his hole and walk over with a pint of gas. Pour gas in hole and wait 5 min. Throw in match. Ground will shake and flame will shoot out every hole the critter made and you might even see the hog climb to the edge of his hole and fall over as it dies. Works every time. Just be careful if your close to you dads corn crib. Wouldn't want to burn it down and I don't know if I can shovel corn as fast now as I used to be able to. ;)

You guys like to make getting rid of ground hogs a lot of work. If I want to get rid of one, I just watch him run in his hole and walk over with a pint of gas. Pour gas in hole and wait 5 min. Throw in match. Ground will shake and flame will shoot out every hole the critter made and you might even see the hog climb to the edge of his hole and fall over as it dies. Works every time. Just be careful if your close to you dads corn crib. Wouldn't want to burn it down and I don't know if I can shovel corn as fast now as I used to be able to. ;)
:laugh:

:clap::clap::clap:

One of my friends did that when we were kids. It took a while for his eyebrows and hair to grow back:surprised3:

Better to touch it off with a lit rag on the end of a long stick

Can't exactly do that when they are living under the shed.

Just get one of these. Lab/chow mix. He's 9 yrs old a caught 4 of the buggers this year. 5 yrs ago he caught his 1st one. It tore him up pretty good. (Emergency vet visit with 20 stitches on Memorial day). He has caught at least 3 a year since then without getting injured. 20190829_164002.jpg I think he is taking revenge on every groundhog for that one.

Just get one of these. Lab/chow mix. He's 9 yrs old a caught 4 of the buggers this year. 5 yrs ago he caught his 1st one. It tore him up pretty good. (Emergency vet visit with 20 stitches on Memorial day). He has caught at least 3 a year since then without getting injured. View attachment 762285 I think he is taking revenge on every groundhog for that one.

I had a great dog that did that. He would catch them, then grab them in the middle of the back , and commence shaking until the chuck was ripped and guts were coming out. Then he ate them.

Get yourself a puppy, so the old Sage can teach him the ropes in dealing with critters. I wish I had.

Chucks claws are sharp and powerful from digging holes, they also have a good set of rodent teeth

So as qiuck as you think of buying a used truci or car demand the bumper stickers are removed first.

I would lay money on the fact walking down the street you couldn't tell a liberal from any one else even a communist.

Told my brother in law on the last governor election when he said vote for the Repuke. I asked why I should consider doing that. He said so your taxes don't get raised. I said like the last Repuke that put a tax on my pension, Raised the taxes on my bee keeping income and gave his buddies who are screwing us with high insurance premiums a tax break.

Bernie and H-Beast stickers are great for going undercover, when you have tree work for a liberal.

I had a great dog that did that. He would catch them, then grab them in the middle of the back , and commence shaking until the chuck was ripped and guts were coming out. Then he ate them.

Get yourself a puppy, so the old Sage can teach him the ropes in dealing with critters. I wish I had.

Chucks claws are sharp and powerful from digging holes, they also have a good set of rodent teeth

The old sage is a cantankerous old sob. He's nicer to the groundhogs than he is to other dogs.

Trump 2020 stickers get you into big factorys for free pallets, some times they will even have them loaded for you.

Latest posts

Back