Tree guy sayings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did that on purpose..as my wide eyed groundie stares at me after dropping six feet of pine between two shrubs...

oops....good thing I brought a hammer..after knocking the top rail off a cutomers fence when a hinge control drop didn't hang deep enough....she was all smiles and thumbs up though, after watching me barely brush her gutters with another slow moving half ton of oak branch..best customer ever..

How about:

I god it!

"You sir", "Yes, your going to have to move back farther than that.."

Id rather climb something God made, than man made..

You just never know, but with that big of a hole in it, I sure wouldnt stop thinking about it..

Snake!

Is this your first day on a job?

I see a bear down there..

Disneyland

"Its Disney". Said from one seasoned tree guy to another when discussing or discribing an upcoming hell job due to an over landscaped postage stamp DZ. Disney can double or even triple the price of a normaly easy takedown. Possibly refered to as a typical Conn. yard:hmm3grin2orange:

"A peanut." Small tree or job.

"A Japanese job." Quiet Zen work with no power tools and classical music playing on the truck speakers. Great Friday jobs.

"It's okay, I'll carry if it's too heavy." A snide remark we all say to each other when someone is spending too much time contemplating picking up and carrying a heavy piece of wood.

The rest are slang French between me and my climber. They don't really work in English.

notch it and watch it

can't see it from my house

I quit, you bastards

and I was once called a "tree abortionist"

and the one that's been in my sig for 3 years now....

This here is for those who posted after my last..... For RFT, when in doubt, rope it out(did I use that one already?) for for the action and silver 72, YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH PAIN!!!!!!(old Bob, RIP) For Jeff, uh uh homes, here in the private sector, we get this privlage, "THERES THE ROAD #####!!!!, AND IM KEEPING YOUR CHECK!!!!"

Better be careful or someone might think I know what I'm doing! Followed by yes I meant for it to do that!
Just let her swing free!

When cool customers come out after the job, sometimes I will mess with them
HO-"that was so cool, I would never do that"
My reply- "Thought I did pretty good for my first time" Always gets a look!

Latest posts

Back