Tree Hugger Trying to Shut Me Down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the neighbor have kids? if so and you have run out of option, call the social services on him and report how his kids are abused. they will come visit him every week for at least 6 months. Its sad but you are going to have to play dirty.:angry2:

Does the neighbor have kids? if so and you have run out of option, call the social services on him and report how his kids are abused. they will come visit him every week for at least 6 months. Its sad but you are going to have to play dirty.:angry2:
When you throw away your own integrity you always lose more than you gain.

What's funny is that I live in a rural place. You can't go far enough to get away from jerks, you can only reduce the density. And the number of witnesses.

That's funny cause I have used the line "I have access to 150 acres and a backhoe, they won't find all of you" before. Said with a straight face and a twitching eye. They are never truly sure if you are serious or not.

Heres a list of AHOLES that I'm familiar with

1 My brother. He smokes a pack of Marlboros a day, then botches cause his neighbors burn " smelly wood" He's all for gas drilling but is opposed to the pipeline thats needed to get said gas on line.
2 One of my X bosses. She says she's allergic to everything. Super allergic! To the point that she had to smell new hires. She complained to the locals when she saw a neighbor making his own wine. That neighbor had been making wine for years. She never saw him in the act, but after she did, all of a sudden, " It smells bad" I used to go into her office after a 12 hr shift in a power plant. I would remove my Ti Vek suit, and change shoes but not my clothes. Now you would think someone with extra sensitive allergies would sneeze there head off. No she just wanted the good news. Total hypochondriac. But she always gets her way.
3 My old twshp code enforcment officer. Had a few problems with him when he first started his new job. I had an old neighbor who was pizzed that he didn't get my property. He didn't know it was for sale when I bought it. I always figured he was sliding CEO a few vacations a year because the guy was a slumlord and he got away with a lot of crap. Well he called CEO on me a few times and he started putting the heat on me. Well I've never been known to play nice, or fair. Once he found out I had a few freinds in higher places, and a kickazz lawyer freind who traded labor for labor, he backed off in a hurry. No problems again.

But it suckes having to use those cards when you shouldn't.

SHUT-UP logbutcher!

If'n ya' convince 'em all to move out'a suburbia... there won't be any non-suburbia left for us.
It's already closing in on me out here again... I've moved twice already to get away from the influx of suburbanites into my space.

I cashed in my 401 and bought a plot of forest that was slated to be a subdivision, I parceled it into three slices and built my house in the middle, I also put both sides of me in my sons name in case I needed any variances approved by my next-door neighbors. For the borders I dozed up 10' high berms and planted over 6,000 pines...no issues with neighbors as I make sure there is random gunfire from time to time and always talk to myself or start screaming when anyone is walking by and I am near the front gate.

I cashed in my 401 and bought a plot of forest that was slated to be a subdivision, I parceled it into three slices and built my house in the middle, I also put both sides of me in my sons name in case I needed any variances approved by my next-door neighbors. For the borders I dozed up 10' high berms and planted over 6,000 pines...no issues with neighbors as I make sure there is random gunfire from time to time and always talk to myself or start screaming when anyone is walking by and I am near the front gate.

That's always good when you do get in trouble and the Detectives ask the Neighbors what you are like and do you think he is capable of the crime!

That's always good when you do get in trouble and the Detectives ask the Neighbors what you are like and do you think he is capable of the crime!

Only one neighbor knows my real name and that is because he was building a garage and needed a variance from my son, naturally we had no objection and said his land his business but, we expected the same courtesy, three years later we have never had to speak again. I would bet out of the four neighbors near me that most could not pick me out of a lineup, I always have a hat and dark glasses on due to an anorism in my left eye also, I let a landscaper friend of mine store his trucks and equipment in my extra parking lot so I'm sure they really have no idea who is who with vehicles coming and going all the time.

Only one neighbor knows my real name and that is because he was building a garage and needed a variance from my son, naturally we had no objection and said his land his business but, we expected the same courtesy, three years later we have never had to speak again. I would bet out of the four neighbors near me that most could not pick me out of a lineup, I always have a hat and dark glasses on due to an anorism in my left eye also, I let a landscaper friend of mine store his trucks and equipment in my extra parking lot so I'm sure they really have no idea who is who with vehicles coming and going all the time.

Haha, that's great. I'm of the same mentality; leave me alone, I won't bother you if you don't bother me. I think many of us are cut from the same "mind your own business" self-sufficient cloth, which is probably what, among other things, makes wood burning so appealing.

Well that helps.

Just got off the phone with the director of the board of health, and now three departments think he's a loon. The director sounded like a good guy too, and explained that the request was just a request that he had to send out, as it was his job. He then said he had talked to the fire marshal and already knew all about this guy, and that it was the last letter he'd be sending. He explained it wasn't a demand to cease burning, but was just informational, as in, "I can't stop you from burning". :msp_thumbup:

Just got off the phone with the director of the board of health, and now three departments think he's a loon. The director sounded like a good guy too, and explained that the request was just a request that he had to send out, as it was his job. He then said he had talked to the fire marshal and already knew all about this guy, and that it was the last letter he'd be sending. He explained it wasn't a demand to cease burning, but was just informational, as in, "I can't stop you from burning". :msp_thumbup:
Excellent - you're now in much better position than if you had done something rash and more immediately gratifying.

I would still get everything I could in writing. Things change and so someday there maybe new officials in place who aren't as level headed and may take his side because they drink the kool aid too

SHUT-UP logbutcher!

If'n ya' convince 'em all to move out'a suburbia... there won't be any non-suburbia left for us.
It's already closing in on me out here again... I've moved twice already to get away from the influx of suburbanites into my space.

The Pee Rule is only for you sweetie,don't tell anyone. Keep it between ourselves. :hmm3grin2orange:

We knew that it was your time of the month Spidy. I will SHUT-UP .You gotta take it slow with those raging hormones. You're gonna burst something. :hmm3grin2orange:

The 'they' is already in what is now termed "Semi-Rural". About 3 hours' drive south from Paradise here is Portland. We can tell when nearing the Portland suburbs: the clean ( often white -sorry Don ) new full size SUVs, thinner well made up coiffered (sp.) soccer moms, driving mode is "gotta get the kids to practice" fast, cut offs, piggie looks if you're not going at least 20 MPH over the limit, and the usual honk up your tailpipe if you don't jackrabbit off the red light. It is like we were back in the rat race in Boston. Yes, I forgot, the usual middle finger sign of the user's IQ.

Now here, rural areas, since Maine has the highest CCL in the country, one does not interact negatively. The rule is "you never know who's carrying".

I hope for your sake that you get confirmation of this phone conversation in writing. Or have him initial your transcript of the conversation. Short of a stake in the heart, some kinds just won't go away.

Just for the record, how did you ever characterize this one as a "tree hugger"? To me, sounds totally irrelevant- just someone with a load in his diapers.

Good for you! It sounds like all the "agencies" have come to know that your neighbor is a jerk.

It would be funny as hell if when the wind was just right, and was blowing directly from your chimney to his house, YOU DECIDED TO QUIT BURNING WOOD, AND STARTED TO BURN COAL! Good old coal smoke, the blacker the better! Now that would be rich!!!!! If he thought he had a problem before, that coal smoke would change his mind in a hurry! Haha!

Bob

Good for you! It sounds like all the "agencies" have come to know that your neighbor is a jerk.

It would be funny as hell if when the wind was just right, and was blowing directly from your chimney to his house, YOU DECIDED TO QUIT BURNING WOOD, AND STARTED TO BURN COAL! Good old coal smoke, the blacker the better! Now that would be rich!!!!! If he thought he had a problem before, that coal smoke would change his mind in a hurry! Haha!

Bob
Why look for trouble has it gotten to all out War yet?

I hope for your sake that you get confirmation of this phone conversation in writing. Or have him initial your transcript of the conversation. Short of a stake in the heart, some kinds just won't go away.

Just for the record, how did you ever characterize this one as a "tree hugger"? To me, sounds totally irrelevant- just someone with a load in his diapers.

We've had problems with him for years. Here's a little story. There was an old tree on his property, leaning onto ours, which was obviously going to come down at some point in the near future. We asked him if we could take it down to avoid harm as we had kids living there at the time, and of course property damage. He declined. "I have faith in that tree" is what he kept saying, like the oddball he is. Sure enough, one hot summer night, the thing came crashing down, thankfully onto his property. It could just have easily come onto ours and killed someone. It doesn't get much more tree hugger than that.

As far as letters from the town officials backing my rights, I already have them from both the building and fire department. I ended the phone call to the director of the board of health with a request for written confirmation of his findings, and he's sending one tomorrow. I'll have all the documentation necessary if he wants to push it any further.

Why look for trouble has it gotten to all out War yet?

Nah, I wasn't promoting all out war,,,,,,just trying to be funny. I hope you saw the humor in my post! But,,,well,,,,black coal smoke,,,,,,,,precious!

Bob

Back