Tree I.D. ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know to be honest.... The homeowner never got back to me so I assume he had it removed

Where the OP is from, I would guess a Manitoba Maple or Acer negundo. The bark pattern is very typical in this area.

Honestly, if you have taken a picture of the leaves this would be solved.

I'm gonna diverge from the path and say that is a black locust. That tree has the most variable bark ever, it really does. The orange tint to the furrows in the bark, and the more random than ash diamond type pattern remind me of the black locust I've ID'd in Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not black locust, that has a yellow tint to the wood. This is an oak tree. The wood has a reddish tint like a red oak and if you were to look closely there are what seem to be oak leaves on the ground around it.

I like norway. I never use leafs on the ground unless it is the only tree in the area. This time of year I have tons of leaves.......from all my neighbors trees. Then they look at me like I am a aas because I don't rake them all up! Hell!, that's free nutrients for my baby trees!

Definitely not a Norway , I probably cut over a thousand of them a year

Sent from your wife's phone

th

Norway Maple

1330010.jpg

Boxelder

_20.jpg

OP mystery tree

My guess would be mulberry due to structure, bark, and the orange ish color to the wood

And due to the location along a fence -

I've seen many ash trees with the same bark, I know nothing of American trees though

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back