Tree Morphogenesis book 1 - free deownload - seeking feedback

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Morphogene

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi

I have just released a book that should be of interest to any Arborists who have an interest in morphology, branch architecture, tree dynamics, genetics, evolution and ultimately sympathetic tree care.

It is written for tree owners, so plain English throughout but it contains new and innovative research that you will not have seen anywhere else. The title - Tree Morphogenesis book 1 Reduction Via Thinning Theory, available from Amazon.

From the 26th of this month it will be available as a free download (and a few days after that). If you don't have a Kindle yourself, Amazon have a "Kindle for PC" app that is also free.

I am seeking feedback from people like myself, that is, people who have experienced wind while climbing the far reaches of trees because with you it will resonate most strongly.

I'm ready to answer any questions.

Hi

I have just released a book that should be of interest to any Arborists who have an interest in morphology, branch architecture, tree dynamics, genetics, evolution and ultimately sympathetic tree care.

It is written for tree owners, so plain English throughout but it contains new and innovative research that you will not have seen anywhere else. The title - Tree Morphogenesis book 1 Reduction Via Thinning Theory, available from Amazon.

From the 26th of this month it will be available as a free download (and a few days after that). If you don't have a Kindle yourself, Amazon have a "Kindle for PC" app that is also free.

I am seeking feedback from people like myself, that is, people who have experienced wind while climbing the far reaches of trees because with you it will resonate most strongly.

I'm ready to answer any questions.

Well, if it's feedback you want, its feedback you'll get. We ain't shy, and the best tree guys in the world hang out right here. Now, if you're really looking for feedback from the pros, go ahead and post a link to your book here, and we'll tear it apart and help ya put it back together again. If you're looking to sell your book, you might want to introduce yourself, get to know us, and who knows, maybe learn something. Jeff

I'm committed to reading An Illustrated Guide to Pruning, 3rd ed. by Gilman, and it is gonna take awhile. Thanks anyway, sympathetic tree care Morpho dude.

I'm committed to reading An Illustrated Guide to Pruning, 3rd ed. by Gilman, and it is gonna take awhile. Thanks anyway, sympathetic tree care Morpho dude.

I have not read Ed Gilman's book but I do expect his and mine to be rather different. First difference, mine will take you about 2 hours to read.

To Jeff, no I'm not a sponsor

To Jolly Logger, read it and rip matey. As you will read, I believe my fiercest critic to be the person from whom I have most to learn. You will learn some more about me by browsing Tree Morphogenesis, Arbornauts.com : Tree Morphogenesis, RVT, Reduction Via Thinning, Simulated Wind Pruning, Tree advice & tree consultancy from David Lloyd-Jones & associates - TreeAdvice.com, craftwood.co.uk - craft wood Resources and Information. This website is for sale! and not forgetting Energised Alert by Live Alert Ltd..

You can even preview the first few chapters of the book on Amazon to get a feel for it "Tree Morphogenesis book 1 Reduction Via Thinning Theory"http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tree-Morphogenesis-Reduction-Thinning-ebook/dp/B00BR1Y43U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376814733&sr=8-1&keywords=reduction+via+thinning

My name is David and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Howdy, hey check it out, you need to contact Darin (site owner) about sponsorship, if not, we will have to delete any of your post that have links to your book. Sounds very interesting, I would like to take a gander at it. Normally we dump them right away until they have worked something out with Darin. I will leave this up for now, but make sure you contact him. Once you have done that, then we can check it out, if it is good stuff, we will even help ya push it out there.

it contains new and innovative research that you will not have seen anywhere else...I'm ready to answer any questions.

I got a question or two: Has your research been peer reviewed? By whom?
What are your professional credentials and qualifications? Are there other articles / research papers you have had published?

I got a question or two: Has your research been peer reviewed? By whom?
What are your professional credentials and qualifications? Are there other articles / research papers you have had published?

I have already submitted a post with lots of professional qualifications, lots of evidence of my own "skin in the game" so to speak, but as that post is delayed in some moderation process, I should wait for that to clear or clarify exactly what I said wrong before trying again.

That brings me to "Peer Review".

I'm presuming here that this site is populated primarily by working Arborists (as it does seem to me, to be).

If so, ... You people are my Peers.

I am asking You to review it.

I am offering a free copy (from next Monday) to whoever of you would like to read it.

If after reading it you don't like it, tell me.

Fair enough ?

Last thought for now. What if you like it ?

2treeornot2tree said:
Who publishes a book without anyone verifying your research. Post your qualifications againn so we can all see.

Part of the Amazon.com listing (assume that it is also part of the book?):

About the Author

Biography

Trees changed my life in 1985 and ever since they have presented an endlessly interesting, challenging and exciting career. View Arbornauts.com : Tree Morphogenesis, RVT, Reduction Via Thinning, Simulated Wind Pruning or Tree advice & tree consultancy from David Lloyd-Jones & associates - TreeAdvice.com and you will see the range of things that we cover.

As a serial inventor I have been distracted onto different projects many times, but the trees have been one constant thread throughout my career so while I have various areas of expertise, I consider myself a career Arborist because that is where my true passions and skills find expression.
You can see one of my most significant inventions at Energised Alert by Live Alert Ltd..

My tree services produced the resources necessary to complete various co-lateral projects. More importantly they also enabled me to raise my family so I hope you understand when I say, I owe trees everything.

The Tree Morphogenesis project (Tree Morphogenesis) is one way that I am just beginning to repay that debt by starting to address the gulf of misunderstanding that seems to have evolved between people and trees.

Philbert

I'm presuming here that this site is populated primarily by working Arborists (as it does seem to me, to be).

removalists mostly.

On Amazon now. Downloading... "Simulated Wind Pruning For Trees" Looks very interesting.

:msp_thumbup:

I viewed a You-Tube vid by the OP which showed some foliage being removed from an oak tree via one-handed chain saw technique.
Wondering if he could provide some documented scientific link that a 5 - 20% canopy reduction will result in his Morphovictim withstanding a wind event better than a non-reduced identical tree.

Latest posts

Back