Tree Paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Down To Earth

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What are some online suppliers for tree paint, I have tried forestry suppliers and am not impressed. Have been rolling thru boonville to pick it up but not the most convienent. were do you guys get your stuff online.

rb, I agree with much of that article but I thought it was a little strident and absolutist. Dressings ARE needed for graft unions, nothing to debunk there.

DTE, I use sealants experimentally in very specific circumstances. If you tell us what/why you want to paint, we may be able to recommend.

Guys, I am not taking about paint to seal wounds. I am talking forestry paint for running harvesting boundary lines and for marking trees to be harvested.
thanks

Originally posted by Down To Earth
Guys, I am not taking about paint to seal wounds. I am talking forestry paint for running harvesting boundary lines and for marking trees to be harvested.
thanks

Hahaha! Well, that does change things!

:laugh:

I buy my marking paint from bailey's. I also use their flagging tape.

ryan, havent heard of baileys paint brand before, rudd? How does it do in the rain and does it still work in below zero temps?

DTE, yes it is Rudd paint. It does great in the rain and holds up very well, as to below zero that I can't tell you as I have only used it down to 15 above. At that temp you have to constantly shake the can to keep things moving:p

DTE, no I still have my Filson, that one looks dandy though. I think the Filson is about the same price, that Cordura one looks nice it would dry out quicker in wet climates, could be a bit noisy.

Back