Tree removal estimates

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was the one who said not to discount. I guess I should have said not to cut your own throat.

As a Desert Storm veteran I commend you for helping vets in whatever way you can, especially the disabled vets that have given the most they can and have come home to what may look like a very dreary life ahead of them.
Salute!!
and Thank You

Thanks, and I guess putting it that way ( not cutting own throat ) is a better way of looking at it. I'm gonna just stick with the bid is the bid, and not worry about why a HO hasn't called. The guy was real motivated to get them down, and money certainly didn't appear to be an issue, and the bid felt fair to me, so it made me wonder why he hadn't called back yet. That had never happened. Guess I just ike hearing ASAP.

Price wars ??

Just throwing my 2 bits in here for the originator of this thread.. I am a ex-professional hand faller from British Columbia of 10 years.. I am now running my own business here in Saskatchewan,Canada .. LOL Yes your right the tree's are alot smaller here.. Regardless i have 3 crews, do all the quotes myself and do residential,commercial or government work.. I never turn a job down for one and when it's all said and done, i make the time to call the customer and make sure everything was satisfactory or not.. Sometime if i have the time i just swing by and talk with the customer as a show of personalization (calling first of course) they always seem impressed that i took the time to follow-up.. Enough **** chat - To find the exact price of any job, you need to first determine what equipment will needed IE: climbing gear,boom truck,chipper,dump trailer,stump grinder,skid steer w/grapple or what have you.. Then you need to figure out how many crew you need to put on the job ? usually 2 is sufficient or they get in each others way and start fighting LOL .. It's a testosterone thing . My charge for low profile residential jobs is usually $100/hr providing i don't need heavy eqpt.. Point to note that for every piece of eqpt you bring in you add % depending on the how much it'll be used .. For example if you bring in the boom truck it'll be used for 1-2 hrs i add 25% per hour because it is going to speed up the job and you'll be on your way sooner. So less time in comparison to climbing the tree, if there is no other way.. The rest you'll need to play around with guy - it take experience and you learn quick, eating any job leaves a bad taste in your mouth and that tends to smarten you up quick..

Free tip - you need to be on the look out steady.. Keep the jobs tight, but sensible time wise, and make sure your eqpt is serviced and ready to go and at 100% . Stay sharp , make sure your guys are looked after and they'll look after you. (treat your guys good) If you treat them like dogs they'll buck you everytime.

Hope it was of some help for you..

Capper

Latest posts

Back