Tree Shears

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was wondering if any of you had much experience with tree shears. I am looking at a 14" Tree shear to fit my tracked Skidsteer.
The one at Skidsteer Solutions might fit my needs.
I have a 6acre land clearing job.
Thanks
Hunter

Here is something like what I am looking to buy.
Hunter

tree shear

The trouble that I see is that this device may allow the tree to fall on the skiddsteer, Bob cat makes a rotateing blade that has a vee shaped wedge on the top so you can ensure that the tree does not fall on the loader. It has two blades one just above the other and requires a high flow pump. Hope this will help, not confuse the search . See ya dave1

Actually just bought the Timberline 14" tree shear. The single balde design actually pusses the tree opposite the non moving side. This shear also has a hydraulic rotation, so I can use that as well.
Will work on regualr flow machines and will work great for clearing.
Thanks for the info and I will let you know how it works, I should have it by wednesday.
Hunter

Carlton and Dymax

Carlton (Stump grinder company) and Dymax make a 15" and 14" respectively. Both have arms that will hold a tree so you can carry it. The dymax has an optional accumulator so you can carry and hold a bunch of smaller trees. They are both pricey at $7500 and $8800, but very well built. They might be worth looking at if you actually want to cut and pile for chipping later.

hunter it wuold be good if you could get some pics of it in action..by the way how did you get on with the bucket truck???

Still Lokking on the Bucket truck. I would prefer to have a diesal 4x4 or 6x6 with lift and dump box, but I am aslo considering the CDL and buying a truck thats alot less weight.
I will keep you all posted.
In the mean time , I will probably get a 4x4 Diesal Dually with the forrestry body, that has the dump box and working tool box.
Hunter

We did get and use the Tree Shear. Havent had a chance to video it yet. I will get some soon. It does a pretty good job and is far faster than a saw. It does aloow you to move the trees around once they are dropped.
I will get some pics and updates.
Hunter

I never knew they made things like this for skidloaders. I'll take the biggest skid loader available and 1 of those shears too. It looks like a fun toy to play with in the woods.

Originally posted by oldsaw-addict
I never knew they made things like this for skidloaders. I'll take the biggest skid loader available and 1 of those shears too. It looks like a fun toy to play with in the woods.

thats cause your only a PUPPY...im 20 years older than you and i didnt no either so that makes me plain dumb...:D

Originally posted by Nickrosis
**Shameless plug**

-Disclaimer added as required by law.

I don't have a stake in that company. I use a tree terminator (20") and have had 2 (12") shears. I probably have 2500-3000 hours on shears.

Without a way to protect the rops/fops, the trees can, depending on inclination and height, fall on the skidsteer. I have had short but heavy ashe junipers dent my rops when I was new. There have been operators killed by parts of the tree entering the cab.

My particular unit weighs about 1800lbs and is tough as nails. At about $7500, it isn't cheap but it does hold up well.

Latest posts

Back