Tree Topping

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang you should have been the first to reply on this thread haha that answer gave me what i was looking for! And just fyi for the rest of yall, i work for a tree service and have been doing climbing for a while now, but i just never have really topped a tree and wouldnt feel as safe as i want without having a secondary TIP when topping thats why i asked this question haha i usually just climb and prune and take off lower limbs. I do all my research and find out the best safest way to do something and then ask on here as well for another source of info and advice!

Is it just me or is something missing here......soooo you work for a tree service for a while now, meaning couple weeks???
Why is the company not teaching you this, are you going out on your own and doing jobs??....just not adding up, just saying.

Hardly ever do I see a tree next to a house that has a top that is weighted away from the house.

True, the house, being bigger than the tree, has a greater gravitational pull, and therefor pulls the tree towards it.

Lol, but seriously, I sort of think it's because the wind pushes the tree from the unprotected side. You'd think the house blocking the sun on one side would cause the tree to be photo tropic and lean the other way due to more limbs on the opposite side from the house, but being photo tropic they tend to grow higher than the house to get more light, so the wind bends the tops over the house.

This is just a theory, but I have yet to find anything more plausible.

Is it just me or is something missing here......soooo you work for a tree service for a while now, meaning couple weeks???
Why is the company not teaching you this, are you going out on your own and doing jobs??....just not adding up, just saying.

This guy must be a professional troll,,,,,,IDK,, seems weird it lasted this long
Jeff :confused:

Jeff would get it down before you could finish your Gerber and sippy cup... lol

Damn yall can be some real #######s when someone wants advice. Learn to answer the questions asked and if you cant, dont reply and i thought i posted my #### in the right forum, so why are the smartasses? Their aint nothing wrong with being safe and getting others advice on climbing and stuff like that, id rather be tied in at 2 TIP than shimmy up a tree as a beginner (not new, just not professional) and make a slip up and injure myself. Take some laxatives guys and calm down before yall #### yourselves trying to be a smartass and arrogant.

Damn yall can be some real #######s when someone wants advice. Learn to answer the questions asked and if you cant, dont reply and i thought i posted my #### in the right forum, so why are the smartasses? Their aint nothing wrong with being safe and getting others advice on climbing and stuff like that, id rather be tied in at 2 TIP than shimmy up a tree as a beginner (not new, just not professional) and make a slip up and injure myself. Take some laxatives guys and calm down before yall #### yourselves trying to be a smartass and arrogant.

Easy there cowboy, nobody trying to run you out of town, things were just not adding up, and I asked you a fair question why your company is not teaching you this stuff..... tie in points (TIP's) ect.

This is in the right forum you posted in, you just gotta take the good with the bad, carb blasted Jeff so I got him back all in fun, dont get to worked up, this is how things go on forums, hang out but put your PPE on
an enjoy the ride.

Easy there cowboy, nobody trying to run you out of town, things were just not adding up, and I asked you a fair question why your company is not teaching you this stuff..... tie in points (TIP's) ect.

This is in the right forum you posted in, you just gotta take the good with the bad, carb blasted Jeff so I got him back all in fun, dont get to worked up, this is how things go on forums, hang out but put your PPE on
an enjoy the ride.

I agree If you don't have thick skin you won't last long in here just dish it,take it and enjoy the ride these are great guys in here.

Last edited:

Me being a #### to you is for your health and well being , it's how I show love for fellow humans , you may not realize it now but hiring someone just may save your carcass from getting dead :wink2:

Me being a #### to you is for your health and well being , it's how I show love for fellow humans , you may not realize it now but hiring someone just may save your carcass from getting dead :wink2:

Haha alright thanks man i appreciate yall looking out for me and being straight forward because in the long run i know its for my benifit! i appreciate it guys!

an enjoy the ride.

Alright haha sorry i got worked up, now that i know how you guys are, ill know how to take what yall say! Now i understand that being straight forward can sometime be harsh but i also understand yall dont mess around on here when it comes to serious stuff! Thanks for helping me and looking out for me man!

Alright haha sorry i got worked up, now that i know how you guys are, ill know how to take what yall say! Now i understand that being straight forward can sometime be harsh but i also understand yall dont mess around on here when it comes to serious stuff! Thanks for helping me and looking out for me man!

You should wear your 'man-suit', even in 101,,,,:)
Jeff

Tough forum, as it should be.The rookies should remember to not overstep their capabilities. After decades of hooking trees I have seen many rookies dead on the ground and in the trees. Seen houses demolished. Power lines and poles ripped out. Trucks flattened., etc.. In this business the job is constantly trying to kill you. One bad cut, one wrong knot...It's over for you, your company, or both. Beware!

P.S. I have a HUGE Freemont Cottonwood to rope off a house next Monday. Any advice?... I'm kidding, KIDDING! (About the advice not the Cottonwood)

Woohoo

Just got my MS290 and can't wait to try this. I mean, how hard can it be? Just kidding. Great info on this forum and lots of folks concerned about doing it safely. Look forward to learning lots more. After 3 years and killing two chainsaws before stepping up to the Stihl, I feel like I've barely learned anything on my own when reading all these threads. Thanks to all who share their knowledge and take the time to reply with so much detail.

Latest posts

Back