tree truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman82

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hey everyone. i just got into an accident yesterday with my pickup. the guy hit me and was taking off they got him though. i am going to try to get a new truck out of this. so i gotta ask you all. here is what i am looking at, or at least was looking at a while back. a 2001 f550 with an 11' rugby dump body. 4x4 and gang boxes. now i gotta ask you guys this. what would you rather do, the 11' chip box, or the 9' chip box, with an L pack? i am thinking that the 11' chip box is nice, however the storage from the L pack is also a big plus. what would you guys do if you were me?

A lot depends on how many chips you generate. If you do a lot of removals, I would go with the bigger bed. L-boxes are nice, but not as nice as getting the whole day's chips in one load. If you do a lot of smaller jobs and don't usually have to dump every day, the L-boxes would be worth the extra storage space.

the L box is nice. however i dont only do tree work, i do landscaping as well. so that becomes a dilema as well. do i get the L pack and have to make more trips for mulch, and gravel, and whatever else? it makes me think. if the truck i have now can be saved then maybe i wont get a new truck, i dont know. but if i can swing a new truck, and to keep the old one, then i would just go get the 11' box.

I do landscaping too, I was thinking of getting the L-pack with a 12 ft. stakebody though not the forestry bed. The F550 can handle it no problem, if you were going to step down to a f450 or 350 probably wouldn't work with a 12 ft. though. Have you seen the Arborist 2000 in coast to coast tree mag???? Looks sweet, got some info on it couple weeks ago, but they only sell on the west coast, I might have to make a road trip!!!!!
Anyone over there in Cali go tone or seen them???

Will having the tools in the truck all the time help you out? Youl'd need to fab a heavier locking system then what is stock.

One of the myths about deisel is that they will last longer, but it does not hold out in our industry. The short trips we are prone to wont warm the engine up enough to get it lubing properly. This can drasticly shorten the life of a D-cell ingin.

Thought I'd throw that in.

ok, i was thinking tonight. 11' dump body, mason dump with racks, and removable roof. then do an I pack and some gang boxes. is that feesable for that chasis? and also for moving around on a property? i figure like that i can get the best of both worlds, only problem is i get a longer truck

i talked with a lawyer last night, he told me to try to settle for 25 - 30K if they wont go for that, then we will sue for more, and may Hashem have mercy on their souls.

What is the agreement with your council? 33.33 plus expenses? Look at getting only half fo the settlement. I hope it is only 33.33 and expenses come out of that.

the lawyer who i am gonna use for settling will do it for me, and not worry about it. if i have to really get into it, then i gotta pay 33.33 percent.

If a lawsuit is a must. You better hope the other party has Insurance. Or you will be out $ for you attorney.

Latest posts

Back